Technical > Chassis & Braking

What lowering springs?

(1/3) > >>

fil_rite13:
Like a cock i was all set to put my G40 up for sale, however after driving it again after over 12 months i want to keep it. Problem is i sold my H&R cup kit (along with other tuning parts) so my plan now is for some -40mm lowering springs on the stock G40 dampers. I'm planning on running 14" alloys and was looking at eibach spings. Does this sound like a ok combination or would i be just as well off with some budget lowering springs?

scotsjohn:
At -40 you'll get spring dislocation using the standard shocks. Some folk don't seem too bothered but you might get an MOT fail if the examiner spots this. Best go for a complete kit with shortened damper rods.

packers:
thanks for information but am running on aftermarket shoks at moment problem is the springs are too low and too hard great on a race track but around the potholed roads of south yorkshire a bit too jarring

packers:
Hi sorry about inappropriate reply clicked on wrong line by mistake and afraid dont know how to delet it apologies packers.

supercharged spaniel:
i personally would invest in the H&R cup kit again..it really is a great all round kit..if you can afford it that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version