Author Topic: GT to G40 swap, problems continuing...  (Read 3062 times)

Offline jooshy63

• Members
Re: GT to G40 swap, no spark or fuel
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:37 pm »
Might be worth doing a compression test?

A few things to check :p

1.) You said it sounded like a tractor, do you mean the exhaust is leaking or just the way it's running?

2.) Are there any knocking noises from anywhere or tapping?

3.) Any oil leaking out of anywhere? Can you smell it as you drive? Perhaps some is being squirted/dripped on the exhaust somewhere?

4.) Most importantly, was the engine running alright before it was removed from the other car?

1.) I believe this was because the timing was out, which has now been sorted.

2.) There doesn't seem to be any noises coming from the engine, no tapping etc. It just seems to be misfiiring and kicking out black smoke pretty bad. I've had the spark plugs out twice now to clean them up from the black soot and still doesn't seem to run any better.

3.) As I stated, a huge puddle of oil spluttered out underneath last night but on a quick inspection today, I cannot seem to find where it's coming from.

4.) The engine was running absolutely fine with no problems whatsoever before it came out. The only thing that hasn't been swapped over from the original G40 now is the fuel pump, but I thought they would of be the same to be honest?

Offline jooshy63

• Members
Re: GT to G40 swap, no spark or fuel
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 06:14:54 pm »
So it's been a few weeks since I posted the last thread now and the G40 is still not sorted or running properly. Since then the chargers been rethreaded and all oil leaks have been sorted.
I'm thinking it may have gone into some sort of back up mode as when disconnecting any sensors, the engine still seems to run as normal, almost misfiring and blowing black smoke pretty bad.
 I've changed the plugs and let it run but no difference what so ever, all the plugs fire accordingly but when taking them out on inspection again, they all seem to keep getting covered in soot. I done a compression test while the plugs were out and all seems good.
 The coolant light inside seems to be constant on even though it's to the max in the tank.
 I drove the car last night 50 yards or so until boost came through, when it did come through, the car seemed to panic and began kangooring then when letting off the throttle seems to cut out.

I've tried explaining as much as I can although it may seem a bit jumbled but I need some help here people, I'm at the end of my tether as to what it can be.

Offline extreme6

• Members
Re: GT to G40 swap, problems continuing...
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 07:09:03 pm »
had the same problem as you.as the boost would come in the car would kangaroo splutter changed coil problem solved

Offline jooshy63

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »
Could you be a bit more specific mate, did you experience all the problems I'm having?

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »
coolant light - could be connection on the bottle.

As for running, does the chip match the injectors? as it sounds like its overfueling.

Offline jooshy63

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:22:57 am »
What do you mean when you mention the chip matching the injectors.
The car ran absolutely fine before it came out the other shell.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 09:46:29 am »
You got good earths? sometimes if they're crap when you acclerate it pulls them about = crap connection = bad circuit = poor spark and misfire, etc.

Offline Alvaro

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 12:28:47 am »
are the leads in the correct order?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 02:04:25 pm »
... and check the Lambda Sensor aswell.  Is it temp related btw?  Blue CTS?