Author Topic: Eaton conversion, which cam to buy?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline G40breadvan

• Members
Eaton conversion, which cam to buy?
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:10:52 pm »
newman schrick psd
Hi, sorry I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if anybody could help point me in the right direction as far as choosing a cam for my recently purchased eaton kit.
It is a PSD kit and I am going to be fitting a 4 branch, 250CC injectors, FMIC etc.
I have already done minor mods such as gt inlet manifold and dewedged tb etc.
Anyway does anybody know which cam would be best for me eg. schrick, PSD, Newman and what profile would be best?
I'm still wanting to drive the car on a day to day basis so nothing thats gunna make it run crap.
Any help would be much appreciated as this will mean I'm a step closer to getting the GT running!

Also I was wondering what you do with the supercharger oil feed when you fit an eaton kit? is it as simple as blocking it off?

Thanks, Jack

Offline sparkz786

• Members
Re: Eaton conversion, which cam to buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 05:10:42 pm »
Mines a newman cam, 280/268 cam profile. According to newman its the correct cam for the eaton setup, the person who previously had it Said it was bery good theough the range, i have yet to rum mine as its in the process of being built, Nd one thing after another keeps occuring :/

Offline GR40

• Members
Re: Eaton conversion, which cam to buy?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »
Interested in this topic too as I am running mine on the standard cam and the engine seems to lack power on high rpm ! I know that some cams make the engine very top end powered but then there is not much in mid range!