Author Topic: Hello!!! Leicester area G40 back from brink!!!  (Read 5811 times)

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
    • www.lightdiodedesigns.co.uk
Hello!!! Leicester area G40 back from brink!!!
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:14:35 pm »
  I'm back on here, a while back I was regular and even was sent a charge-cooler flexi pipe in the post by a member so I do love the place... I'm not working or driving, or likely to for a while, I've got back from Neuro Surgery in July, 2 years from then till driving....!

But I've still got my 1st G40 engine in its 3rd body after the horrendous (for the car) crash, I can still ride a bike, think properly and my head is getting less numb, so looking up for the future!!! I'm not working but just bought a website name for fun for some electronics creations I'm hoping to flog a few of, I'll put a link in the sales section if thats OK.... LED Matrix displays...!

I hope I can be of help in any way possible if anyone needs anything in the electronics or PC areas... I've electronics experience thats going to probably soon help me make my own engine management box, I know HP and thermodynamics pretty well and am a PC expert of many years... I just want to drive my baby again, I'll find my previous photo's and you'll recognise the cars I am sure

Best wishes
NEAL

NEAL

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Re: Hello!!! Leicester area G40 back from brink!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »
Bones and flesh heal quickly compared to your head, we need to look after them! glad things are getting better for you bud. Any information on the crash if you don't mind me asking?
http://justintuijl.com/smashedupcar.php
Thats a good read, for people with no experience with such accidents.
Anyway, as I said. Glad you are getting better mate - so good to see another dedicated G owner!

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:19:23 pm »
Jeez matey, looked at the crash archive, I did well considering!!!!

I was suddenly epileptic in 2005, looks like I had bad asthma attack going horse-riding with work (Loughborough college) which left me with no license.... I thought was cured in 2007 and got call from old boss, I bought his *proper* minisprint mini when he bought the polo... He'd just bought a 192hp clio and sold me the G40.... That night the dizzy packed up, was transported home... 3 days later on way to work, I pressed pedel in 3rd not realising wheelspin and lost that body to a fence... (Body bit crappy anyway) .. Rebuilt into GT body, perfect...

Then, one day, woke up in ambulance on busiest road in leicester.... Must have had fit and crashed, luckily no-one-else involved... No licesnse, and tests as a result found I had to have bit of brain removed..! I dont remember a lot apart from the ambulance bloke almost in tears because he had g40 once...

I got a proper g40 body off ebay for £70.. It had massive arches and twin color paint and all sorts horrible, so I cut the arch panels off and welded the normal ones back on off the write off. 2 new wings, new bits all round plastic and stuff, and whole new *proper* red all over paintjob and  she's now looking just like did coming out factory I hope.... Lookingl like something you'r grandma would drive but un-catchable!!

Cool matey!
NEAL
I'll send

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »
£70 polo BODY only! (And logbook)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:19:39 am »
nealpeal on club g40?

think the shell was from dknight?

i think it was owned for years from confusionhunter on here!! (if its the one i was thinking of)

pete

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:30:46 am »
You all knew it when I posted the photo's... It had big arches welded on the back and was black and red.... Looks like had a whale-tail on it too by the marks I've had to re-paint the back round the boot a few times because could see the holes!!!

I'm well proud of her (even If I dont know the reg off-the-top of my head yet, I've yet to drive it anywhere except 10Meters up and down my drive...

Coolio mate!
NEAL

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:36:33 am »
NealPeal, Polo-g40 (@techWatch, @EDABoard, @CableHackers.com) probably all me, but I keep losing email addresses so have keep changing!!! Oh, And DJ-OPeal & NealDB (youtube).. One and the same

If you ever get stuck with I2c, SPI, ICSP issues, I'm your bloke!
NEAL:)

Offline confusionhunter

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:03:12 pm »
Hiya, If its my old car its J142 WLS. I bought that off a guy who paid about £3695 for it (a copy of that ad was given to the owner along with a shed load of receipts). That must have been 2002 roughly and it only had 68500 miles on it. I got it at a good price as basically the owner was caught doing 100mph plus in a built up area and needed to get shot of it ASAP, probably to avoid a prison sentence!

I did a fair amount of work to it, I kept it for about 4 or 5 years and did that mileage again on it! sold it for £2.5k with 131k on it. I had a good spec on it, 'special mates spec' PSD full blend, toothed belt pulleys, real strong charger, never popped an oil seal once sorted, charger would regularly pull 1.1bar, GT inlet, de wedged body. Remap oil catch tank, filter, but std exhuast! it got a subdued R road at 156bhp ( it felt a lot stronger than that, being used to driving quick G's inc my turbo and Paul Bs 170 + aquamist saloon) at one of the old shool yahoo group r road days.

Its the G40 featured on the graph in this post:
http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7499.0.html

I had 256 brakes on it with 14 inch RAs, as they should have come out the factory. this was it:

I always kept an eye on the engine with stealth AFM and boost guages etc...

Did some serious fun miles in that car:

I loved that car..... can you tell?

So imagine my feeling when I saw this a short time after selling:

Gutted doesnt come close.....
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:07:19 pm by confusionhunter »

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:25 pm »
Look at her now mate, back to lovely!

And thats my dad in one of them, master craftstman!
NEAL

Offline LightDiodeNEAL

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:46:11 pm »

Engine fully re-shelled and sealed. New valve stem oil seals, clutch, wings, plastics, everything really to make it look like it did "coming out the factory" was the aim... Maybe not that nice but I love her still eh! :-)
NEAL

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 11:10:58 pm »
Great to see mate - It looks perfect now, totally opposite of how pants it once looked. Well done!
Thanks for sharing your story too bro

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:30 am »
I've toasted my LIGHTDIODENeal account, apparently its been spamming...
THis is the account I've had for years, took me all night get hotmail back for it too....

I dont want be a pain
NEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:37:24 am »
Cor I love my polo.... You wait, I bet I still got her in 30 years if she does'nt get nicked like my baby mini was... I've got her instead of kids at the moment, I'll never sell her now unless gets smashed again, and statistically I'm massively unlikely to write 3 of them off surely,?
Just counting days till get my license back...
NEAL

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 03:56:51 pm »
Wellcome back to planet G Neal and congrats on the resto: it's a credit to you.

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 10:07:18 am »
I'd have never done it without my dad.... When I woke in an ambulance I thought I'd never drive again (was even going to flog her engine and say fork it, but dont tell her), not the best thing when my work'd just moved 25miles from home so had moved into a flat next to the bridge in Shardlow days before (and that mini earthquake was the night before too!),
one bit of luck, if I had still got car with me it'd have floated away when the Trent flooded up to the middle of the ground floor, lucky my flat top floor)... I would have sold it then but was off my head... Work got too much, now I'm 35years old, no mrs or kids, live with parents, no job, .....  but things now looking up a bit at least... If I can get a job in Leicester (BAE has just shut so all my old work mates all looking for same jobs as me but been employed for ages and no history of epilepsy...) that doesn't involve driving I'll be able to get her perfect for Jun28th 2013 (when I can drive again assuming no more siezures)
What a world eh, I've got one of best cars on earth, doing nothing.. Shame init...
NEAL