Author Topic: got pulled over by an R32!  (Read 7927 times)

Offline sinister polo

• Members
  • drive it like u stole it
got pulled over by an R32!
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:58:21 pm »
while driving around at work today, i was going down a stretch of dual carrigeway,
not realy pushing it doing about 85/90 mph when i see an 08 plate r32 behind me,
of course i thought he wanted a race... but then noticed a set of flashing lights in the front grill
and the siren going!

anyways got pulled over and had talking to about braking distances and tyre blowouts at speed -
the usual police talk!

i no that where i live in east sussex the rozzers have a golf R32, evo 9 fq 330, lotus exige s,
audi s6 and a merc c63 amg!

guess i no where my tax is going!
cheeky bastards!

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: got pulled over by an R32!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:19:37 pm »
Warwickshire have a black R32, was busy telling my missus about it one day whilst we were joining the M40 - decided not to despatch the Volvo sitting at 90ish and backed off. 2 mins later the Volvo was on the hard shoulder with aforementioned R32 behind him giving him a ticket.

The R32 just doesn't look quite right if you're really checking it out, can just about see the lights in the rear and it's got an extra aerial. Plus two guys in bright green jackets sitting in the front...

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:38:22 pm »
wow a r32 fed, its all astras around here!

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:44:52 pm »
we have a focus diesel and a land rover here lol oh i love cumbria!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 08:33:43 am »
They like Mazda unmarked cars up in Cheshire  ::) Plus the usual BMW brigade.

There is a black M5 which operates on the M6 apparently, although I've never seen it.

Offline Max

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:13:39 am »
Merc's round down here and a Focus ST.

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:00:16 pm »
What a load of wank, what are there excuses for having these cars other than their own enjoyment and encouraging ther road users to drive in a manner that they wouldnt in order to prosecute them for a road traffic offence????

The imprezas they used to have I could half understand. Reasonably quick and impossible to crash because of the soft suspension and 4wd, also good for dirt tracks etc.

A mate swears blind that in manchester he got baited to race with a black debadged beemer with dark windows, only for it to pull him over and tell him off. I always thought he was talking out of his arse but maybe not.

Offline sinister polo

• Members

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:52 pm »
yeah but neither of those cars are actually in use by the police, they were just liveried up for shows.

I'm not sure why to question the police having fast cars, how else are they supposed to catch criminals who might also be in fast cars?  If someone nicks a scooby they aren't going to catch it in a 1.6 astra.

Offline sinister polo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »
true there is a need for high perfomance cars by the police, but my point is why do they need such
prestige luxury cars such as a merc c63 amg and audi s6 ( i have seen these cars in action locally!),
wouldnt a scooby wrx sufice in catching performance motors as im guessing that in  most car chases
they dont realy exceed 150mph.

also i have seen that lotus exige bombing around with its blue lights and siren on obviously being used, i dont think its just a "show car" for the police!

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 10:07:10 pm »
Scooby's would be great cos I'd never have to worry about them catching me!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

The fuzz have always had fast pursuit cars, its that were not always aware of them.  Believe it or not we are fortunate these days as the cars they are using are safer(hence your merc c36 and S6 Audi) which means that if they are in operation they get the job done quicker without prolonged exposure to incident risk of some maybe tuned lesser models with lots of power.  Plus they get better training than of years gone by(despite press coverage). Back in the late 70's early 80's the Police were responsible wrecking a large quantity of the Lotus Sunbeams made, to the point that Lotus stopped supplying them(so I'm led to believe).

Just for the record, I'm not a rozzer despite that semi pro-police post, but I have got some respect for the traffic cops, cos there are some pricks out there who need catching, and I'm happy for them to have the tools for the job, rather than sat in a van behind a tree.............now don't get me going on that one.

The best answer is either don't speed or don't get caught 8)

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »
All merc, volvos and focus st's, skodas fabia and octavia rs's. Seen a mk5 golf gti, a scooby and an evo in the last six months as well. They getting up to all sort to try and keep up with the performance market. Its all about keeping up the tough image to keep the intimidation levels high!

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 09:46:09 am »
Supercharged Lotus. I`m gonna become a cop. lol.

Seen Golf MK5 GTi unmarked untill Blue lights flash through grill
and Scooby WRX near or in Skipton 7 miles from me but Postman
Pat type transits mostly rouund me.

Fred.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 02:38:46 pm »
seen a couple of astra vxr's in sheffield one red and one black. and an evo 9,

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »
At the end of the day why should police be allowed to have powerful cars to chase criminals and allow them to panic and crash in to some kid or worse your car.

The police may be trained but the cunt in the car that's trying to get away pumped on a adrenaline is not and is the one who will crash.

Like my first polo that got stolen and the police chased them and they crashed it in to a bus.

But that's why money should be spent on the expensive helicopters they can follow with out making cunts panic and crash.

no need to spend money on fast police cars when most of the time there not used to go fast unless its traffic police where a bmw or volvo are perfect.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:06:21 pm by cheddarcheese »