Author Topic: Stolen g40 please read  (Read 6645 times)

Offline tadpole1987

• Members
  • gt40
Stolen g40 please read
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:46:13 pm »
hi people my mates grey g40 was stolen last night reg is k5 jjs if people could keep there eyes open it would realy help im not sure wat will happen to it the thieves may try to sell it or they have took it for the crack if anyone sees it or hears about it in the next few days give me a ring my num is 07814195911 i do have a picture from a cctv cam wat i will put up tomorow when i get it

Offline samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: Stolen g40 please read
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:53:35 pm »
Where was it stolen from?

Keep us posted.

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:47 pm »
 Worcestershire judging from G40 register?

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:03:55 pm »
Hey get it all up on Facebook and send a link man!!! Get that posted all over the net

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:32 am »
Well id guess this will get stripped for bits, best to post up engine code off V5 just so if any engines do show up in the near future it can be checked, or at any point really.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:17:16 am »
For someone to steal a g40 they must know a bit about them, I mean it's not something most people would risk stealing?

If they know thier stuff the engine may pop up on here or more likely fleabay

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:33:07 am »
Pictures, a list of mods, things to look out for on valuable parts will all help track it down.

Strange choice of car to nick - the parts are worth cock all, massively niche, and has a tight knit owners community.

No point in using it as a getaway car, you'd melt a piston or pop an oil seal evading the boys in blue  :D

Hope he gets it back in one piece.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 12:02:27 pm »
[quote agree,=Yoof link=topic=10766.msg75576#msg75576 date=1392982387]

No point in using it as a getaway car, you'd melt a piston or pop an oil seal evading the boys in blue  :D
[/quote]

Haha!! That's if it even fired up!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:28:35 pm »
when someone tried to nick mine it was cos they take 1 min to break into and 2mins to break the ignition lock and hotwire.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »
It's my old one. Pretty standard as far as I know
Rebuilt charger last year by Jabba
Grey
Pretty good nick overall, used to have a ding in the passenger A pillar which makes it a little more unique,
Factory sunroof
Clear front indicators
Possibly smoked repeaters
G40 spec tail lights (LHD one to make symmetrical)
There's also a couple of holes above the rear silencer where I drilled/fitted rivnuts for additional exhaust supports.

He was slowly doing bits on it one thing at a time. There's only one other locally (indian red converted GT) that I know of. It was taken from Pinvin, just outside Pershore, Worcestershire. I had a hurried conversation with him on the phone yesterday and have no signal. I'll get more info and update it if he/ his mate doesn't.

I can't think why someone would rob it, no one knows what they are and if you do then you know you can't really do anything with it as it's such a small "closed" community.

z3i she always fired up! ;) Even after sitting for a while, crank it to build oil pressure (if sat), reconnect hall sender and she'd fire within 1-2cranks (pretty much instantly). Never let me down, never misfired, the only reason I sold is because the gearbox shat 2nd gear and I had no time/ interest in fixing it at that point. I believe it has a non G40 box on it now.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 12:44:40 pm »
My last one was only stolen to scrap and send to China! Theres always scumbags that want scrap value :(

Hope you get it back lad, 5 0 did nothing to help me!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:08 pm »
when someone tried to nick mine it was cos they take 1 min to break into and 2mins to break the ignition lock and hotwire.

yep.  I'd bet they had no idea what it even is.  Prob just though  "old polo, easy to nick, cheaper than a taxi home."   Or sadly, they wanted to weigh it in for £100 worth of crack.

I hope it turns up ok!

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:42 pm »
Agree with the above. Usually opportunists taking an old polo as it only takes minutes and your away

Will keep my eye out for it, although I won't have much luck chasing it down in my BM!

Offline victoriap15

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 03:10:08 pm »
Your friend must be gutted..........don't think it will make it to Merseyside but will keep eyes open. Good Luck hope it is found and undamaged.   

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 12:04:06 pm »
To quote James May; GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

It's found and he has it back. I've yet to speak to him but sounds like it was used as a cheap taxi. Minimal damage by the sounds of it, but think he may need to replace a few bits and pieces. I don't know much more than that. Annoyingly I'm 1000000000000% certain I'd have seen it myself as I pass by the place it was found twice a day to/from work but I've taken a slightly different route the past 3 days.