Author Topic: Just got a G40 :)  (Read 4628 times)

Offline nethacker-010

• Members
Re: Just got a G40 :)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 11:08:08 am »
Hey guys, anyone know were i can get an intake pipe from? just put an original air-box back on the G but the intake pipe from the charger is way to big to fit the air-box because it had a big horrible cone filter on it. took her out for the first proper spin yesterday! now i see why people love them so much! didn't rely get a chance to test drive it properly when i brought it because it had no breaks but now she's running and stopping lovely, and my god it accelerates nicely!  :D

Cheers Jason

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 12:21:02 pm »
There should be plenty of airbox to charger pipes around as lots of people will have taken them off and fitted the bigger pipe/cone filter like you had. Try an ad in the wanted section on here. Don't run without the proper pipes/filter (i.e. open inlet) as the charger has very fine internal tolerances and will be damaged by dust etc. getting in. I would use stock paper filter or a K&N in the airbox. Stock airbox will seriously limit boost if the intake restrictor is still present (airbox outlet diameter is about 45mm if you look at it compared to 60mm inlet on the charger). You need to open it out with a knife to derestrict. Restricted airbox is OK for standard 75mm pulley but very limiting for smaller ones. Airbox will be noisy if the plastic inlet trumpet bits are missing - hopefully you managed to get the whole lot.

Offline nethacker-010

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »
Got one on the way! Thanks for the info :) its amazing how delicate the charger is! now just a question about the badge, all the colour has come off my G40 Badge whats the best thing to do with it? i dont fancy trying to find another one, ive seen the G40 Stickers you can buy will one of those fit on the badge?

Cheers Jason

Offline luke s

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
you can get new g40 badges here although not cheep
http://www.typ-17.de/index.php/cat/c2894_Schriftzuege-und-Embleme.html

luke

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:06 am »
Not too bad for prices considering they're brand new! Most second hand grille badges go for £20-£30

Offline nethacker-010

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 11:48:38 am »
Hmmm so tempting! wouldn't mind just re-colouring mine though because its in good condition!

Offline nethacker-010

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:07 am »
Hey guys got a problem, I think its the thermostat, its staying cold while driving but when stationary after a good drive it heats up? are they the same as the CL coupe? or is there any other reason why this would happen?

Cheers Jason