Club G40 > General Chat

New members / guests.... join up!

<< < (2/3) > >>

NeilG40:
I don't really get on with facebook groups, any decent information soon gets lost and doesn't have the permancence that a forum has.

hayesey:
Yes I agree, I also find most of the replies people post on them are garbage or just what kids these days call "banter".  I think a forum forces you to put a bit more thought into what you are saying.  I am a member of various car groups on facebook and I do enjoy seeing some of the more interesting stuff that gets posted - usually some pictures of an interesting car someone has seen or ebay links to cool stuff for sale.  But there's very little real technical info posted and no permanence like you say.

ereeiz:
Couldn't agree more. I still try and reference stuff I wrote on PSD forum. That was switched off, what, 10-12 years ago?

I love a forum. Not a fan of the fb style. I like it for it being fb, but I don't see it as an information resource.

I did wonder if it was spam bots as guests. Saw a few pop up a few weeks back. Good work keeping them out! How much does it cost to run/year? I don't mind contributing something, It's literally the only forum I go on. I'm stuck in about 2005.

Jester:
Seems facebook has killed a lot of forums although has ClubG40 ever been that busy?? I've only been around for 5-6 years but it's been quiet most of that time.

I got rid of facebook a few years back, pile of rubbish.. I come on here daily and it's probably the only car related forum I go on these days.  ;D

hayesey:
It's never been as busy as say clubpolo or clubgti were in their hey-days but it used to be quite a bit busier than it is now, going back a few years mind.

Thanks for the offer ereeiz, it's fine though we do sell the odd can of charger spray etc... to cover costs and the server hosting I sort for free via work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version