Author Topic: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40  (Read 5365 times)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:04:50 pm »
haha

my mate, he is on here but his computer is naffed, spotted a local g40, went round and husband of the lady showed him round the car in the garage, he says it is so clean and mint

29k has gota be the lowest?????

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:42:50 pm »
where is it? i want it!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:14:49 pm »
they are clued up with the car and no intention of selling, but fred gave them his details incase!

i want pictures tho!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
Re: Re: Re: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:00:23 pm »
Ditto!

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »
Yeah gotta be the lowest. Bought mine with 26k 4 years ago, now being sold on October 5th with 36k on.

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:01:44 pm »
Think Yoof's mate Si's had 29k on when he got it - think it was on 30k last time I saw it. Proper minter too. There was another low mileage black one knocking around too, but that was pretty hanging.

Offline stu g4T

• Members
    • Edition38
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 29k Gun Metal Grey G40
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:25:59 pm »
Mine had 36k when I bought it, but I've managed to get it up to 90k.

Not bad for 7 years and it hasn't been driven for the last 18 months !

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:17:38 am »
Fred is Back now gents and i`ll tell you about the Grey G40 of the Little old Lady some 3 miles from me. Had a total Hard drive failure so been away for a bit. Wouldn`t even see it in bios so bought 2 SATA drives wich was a fiasco to get up and running as well. Ok, the Grey metallic G40 wich i mentioned on here quite some time ago now was actually put onto me by a friend who is a Joiner by trade. He Had done some work at the Little old lady`s house some 3 years ago and had never mentioned it to me till i told him one day when he`d bought a scuby that one day i`d have a Polo G40. Even that was some month`s ago. So recently (3 weeks ago ish) I made him take me there so i knew where she lived. A few days later one morning i got in me car (standard Polo 1ltr Genisis) and drove to her house. I couldn`t see the car when there but knocked on the door anyway and was greeted by a pleasant old Gentleman to who`m i explained about the Joiners that had previously worked on their property and showed him my driving licence to show i was genuine. After a chat about his Wife and the car he took me into their garage. Infront of me was a Stunning Grey Metallic G40. If i were to have polished & waxed the car i think it would have passed as new. The interia was so mint and as i gased in to see 29k on the clock i almost started thrutching thin air in the middle region (or the tailpipe). I popped open the bonnet and there was a Totally standard, Unmollested mint engine bay that had me in ore. I nearly swore but the gentleman wasn`t of that nature so glad i didn`t. After some chat and stating that i bet his dear wife Loved this car wich he confirmed and said that what he did know was that if you put your foot down it don`t half go i gave him my details and asked if anyone had ever shown interest in the car. I was stunned to find that no one had ever said any thing about it. Now if they ever sell this car then i will be the first to be contacted, that was assured to me. I`m also to return and show them my Genisis once the G40 engine i have is rebuilt and put in my car. He stated his wife would like to see that. So being has Dan (DK Knight) bless him has given the game away i thought it good to enlighten you all. Pics of her G40 and My Genisis will follow, hopefully side by side. But you`ll have to give me a while as my work has just gone into the liquidators again and money will be tight for a while. Regards to all on this wonderful site. Fred.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 09:28:02 pm »
Looking forward to seeing this, sounds like another real gem 8)
I reckon there are a few more G's in this scenario still out there. When i got mine with 26k miles on it 4 years ago, it had belonged to an old lady from 6 month old in 1993, on Motability! Only came onto the market due to her passing away. The guy i bought it off said it was his gran's. I bumped into him again a couple of years later at AllTypes show and his bird let slip it was infact his mates gran's! He made a quick buck, but the car was well worth the money i paid so wasn't bothered.
Here's a few pics from back in the day:

Outside the previous owners house

26k mile bay

Black interior still, due to being garaged all its life

Speedo in April 2004

I reckon this grey one will still have a faint 'new car smell' inside like mine did ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:31:37 pm by Nick_S »

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 01:56:49 pm »
Look at that interior  :o ;D I want it  :-*

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »

And you sold that G40 Nick, how could you.
 Man that is stunning. I said to Dan that if i`de
 have had enough dosh when you 1st posted
 the feeler it would have been mine.
 Without hesitation.
 At somepoint this week i`ll go see little old
 dear with the Grey G40 and ask if ok to take
 pics.
 Number plate will be blacked for obvious
 reasons before i post them. Think it was a
 K-Reg but i could be wrong.
 I bought the Black Genisis conversion that
 woody was selling in parts section on here.
 Its heavily boy racer`d so will sell bits of it.
 Theres a Zener (something like that) spoiler
 at bottom of rear window plus back bumper
 of same.
 some 15" fox alloys and from what i can see,
 some yello coilovers.
 Oh & GT interia.
 The shell is naffed so gonna put all the
 neccasary`s in my polo coupe Genisis
 once the engine is sorted and rebuilt.
 Regards, Fred.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »
Yep its sold now, gone to its new owner Craig up in Aberdeenshire today. I'm sorry to see it go after 5 and half years of Mk3 G40 ownership, but it was hardly being used and i know Craig will look after it :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:43:59 pm by Nick_S »

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:50 pm »

He`d Better. LoL.

Offline superchargedpolo

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:20:28 pm »
Yes indeed.  The new addition to the VW fleet is safely parked up in Aberdeen.  Can't get it in the garage yet because it's so wet up here.  I think that's probably the longest the wee car has ever sat outside :-\

Think she hit 37k miles on the way up the road from Manchester and didn't miss a beat, thanks to Nick's excellent preventative maintenance over the past few years.

The only bad news is my current G, that I have been working on over the last 4 years, is getting turfed from the garage to make way.

It will be for sale next year sometime.  1 lady owner before me, 63k miles, metallic blue.....yes I have G40 twins at present!

Cheers
Craig

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 09:51:45 pm »

Nice one Craig  ;)