Technical > Engine and Transmission

Still have timing issue but may have a breakthrough

(1/8) > >>

matthg40:
Had a timing issue for a good few months now and it's been driving me up the wall.and I think I've now worked out what the problem is but not quite sure how to rectify it.ive noticed the rotary arm is sitting at the 4 o clock position when set to tdc rather than 10 o clock like it's supposed to be so im now unsure of how to like it back up so it's back in the right position.does anyone have any ideas ive tried everything possible and I'm running out of ideas so if anyone can help please feel free as I really want my g40 back on the road thanks as always matt

GR40:
Don't put it in any other position. Try switching the wires around. There are 2 types of distributor depending on where the position sensor is! If that is your case you need to put number 1 spark plug wire in number 3, number 2 in 4... etc and it will probably work.

ereeiz:
Rotate the engine to TDC, wherever your rotor arm is facing, that is cylinder 1. Next is 3 then 4 then 2

matthg40:
Thank guys will give it a try you may of saved the day

matthg40:
Both timing marks are set perfectly and it sits at tdc now Its got a horrible misfire making it impossible to set the timing with a strobe Light the the mechanical timing mark this is really beginning to frustrate me now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version