Author Topic: Bargain price g, quick sale needed, coventry  (Read 4838 times)

Offline mk2moo

• Members
Bargain price g, quick sale needed, coventry
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:23:57 am »
I love it but I need a bigger car. I am not looking for swaps or anything, JUST A STRAIGHT SALE. The price is at this price to sell quickly, i wont take offers on this price.

Make: Volkswagen

Model: Polo G40

Year/Reg: 1992 / k340JCA

Mileage: 199000 on the shell, circa 91k on the engine. ( engine replaced couple of months ago

MOT: Febuary 23rd 2013

Tax: 6 months just put on

Good points: Its a g40....., stage 2 charger, 14x7 powertechs, stainless exhaust from manifold back, boost guage, Rear it stripped out (all included in the sale) the interior has some loose stitching on the top of pass seat and on rear bench. easily sorted with some strong thread and needle. I use it daily so have not had the opportunity to take covers off to sort.

Bad points: Tyres on the powertechs could be smaller as its scrubs with passengers (or you could raise the rears), OS Tca bush needs replacing, exhuast sits very low, so it needs adjusting, shes on nearly 200k and the bodyworks good for her age but has a few marks and small car park style dinks. . Engine bay wiring needs a tidy up, and a new lambda needs fitting (supplied)

Its a great quick car, comes with a folder full of service history and prev mot's.

I have not had this long, and i am still waiting on the v5 back. Do not let this put you off, I would not be selling if did not need a bigger car.

Its at a bargain price of £1300, i will not take offers on this as this is super cheap for a G.

heres a few pics:

Offline ben_91

• Members
Re: Bargain price g, quick sale needed, coventry
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:20 am »
Are you still having a problem with oil pressure and idling? If not this is nice and cheap.

GLWTS

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:49:11 am »
Nah its been all good bud. Not had a buzzer since the day after.  i cleaned up connectors and one didnt have a spade connecter on so put one on and been all good  the idle sits at 1k. Needs a new lambada as said in the ad but i got aupplied with one when bought it. Im onlybselling as i bought my old rado back. And only cheap as need to get funds back in the account from buying it 

Offline rich141

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:39:39 pm »
hi mate can you give me a ring on 07968900110 thanks

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »
Very tidy for the money, GLWTS!

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:32 pm »
New set of photo's taken tonight:

Bad bits:

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 10:13:33 pm »
What's the battery tray like on this? Does it have a G40 (ATV) gearbox on it now?

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
Ill double check the battery tray tomorrow morn an take a pic, I've had no water or anything leak through. Gearbox wise where is the code on them?

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 12:34:29 am »
Still got a CEG box and thicker driveshafts on it unless the sellers changed em.

Battery tray has a plate behind the battery which isn't oe but keeps the battery in place, think it was Jason's doing. Not had the battery out for a good look in my ownership but I never had wet feet so it's better than most :)

Offline mk2moo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 12:37:42 am »
Yeah matt did not change it from he said, so it still has the thicker drive shafts and the same gearbox. Don't want to sell but miss having a bigger car, that's the only reason why up at this price. Had loads of interest but a lot of messers so far.