Author Topic: Reading fuel pressure  (Read 2278 times)

Offline cheys03

• Members
Reading fuel pressure
« on: August 02, 2009, 10:11:52 pm »
Hi there

Normally I post to ClubPolo as do not own a G40, however I think the contributors here will have more experience with what I'm about to ask and I would be very grateful for any input...

I would like to read the fuel pressure at the rail on my AAV+GT injection mk3 (similar fuel rail to G40?) to investigate a mixture misfire. As I understand it you attach a fuel pressure gauge to the end of the fuel rail and open the little sealing nut. However for the life of me I cannot find a suitable fuel pressure gauge for sale  ???

Has anyone needed to read the fuel pressure to the injectors in the past? If so, what method did you use?
Many thanks for all help, it is greatly appreciated.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Reading fuel pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:23:55 pm »
you can get fuel pressure gauges, there will be some on ebay no doubt.  or you can get proper automotive fuel pressure test kits which are basically a big gauge and a load of fitting pieces.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Reading fuel pressure
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:36:13 pm »
it's a 3 bar regulator so you should get 3 bar with the vac pipe unplugged.  Then you need a vacuum/boost gauge as well because when pulling vacuum you should see 3 bar minus whatever vacuum is being pulled and on boost you should get 3 bar plus whatever boost pressure is being made.