Author Topic: SOLD - mods please delete  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Steve

• Members
SOLD - mods please delete
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »
Righto, with great regret the time has come to part company with my beloved G40 :-(

I've owned this car for 8 1/2 years to date, covered many happy miles, been to so many shows. But things have changed in my personal life and I'm struggling to find the time to enjoy her as she should be.

So... the car...

It's a 1992 Polo G40 on a J plate. Quick and a pleasure to drive.

Black in colour, with no sunroof (means slightly higher headroom over sunroof models).

Jabbasport stage 4 charger.

Charger serviced 4k ago by G-werks, and I've sprayed the charger with PTFE grease every 1000 miles since.
65mm pully fitted with genuine VW twin V-belts when the charger was serviced. Old set still ok and I'll throw them in as spares

ECU has been remapped to suit the smaller pully and charger.

Standard Airbox fitted with K&N washable panel filter.

Boost return mod carried out but I think I've got the old pipework somewhere if people want to restore this.

The car was taken off the road a few years back and had a major strip down. Car has only covered 4000 miles since this. But the work I did included...

Engine out, engine bay cleaned, any dirty/rusty bits cleaned and sorted.
Engine striped down, block repainted in black, all water channels etc flushed.
New cambelt and waterpump.
All inlet gaskets replaced, exhaust gaskets replaced, sump dropped, cleaned out and powder-coated. All engine mounts/brackets/plates/ metal waterpipe, removed and powder-coated.
The only thing I didn't do was change the head gasket. But compression test showed good so decided to keep it as it was.
New genuine platinum plugs fitted with new leads/cap/rotor and also new ignition coil.
Gearbox oil changed.
New clutch fitted with mk4 Polo 16v clutch plate.
Brand new Cooper cored radiator fitted, system refilled with G12 (pink) antifreeze.
Wiring loom completely re-taped.
Boost pipes replaced with black silicon hoses.
New thermostat housing with new temp sensors and thermostat (these housings notorious for cracking and leaking).
Intercooler degreased and pressure tested and repainted.
New front wheel bearings, struts repainted, brake calipers painted, caliper carriers powdercoated rear brake dust shields powder-coated. New Gmax gas struts. Replaced top mounts and ARB mounts with genuine items.
ARB mount brackets and ARB itself powder-coated.
Drilled vented disks fitted with Padgid fast road pads. Goodridge braided hoses and all new fluid.
Stainless downpipe polished and Decat pipe fitted.
Longlife stainless backbox with original stock look tailpipe, polished.
Battery tray (very prone to rusting) checked, cleaned out and plastered in Waxoil. All other cavities in the engine bay Waxoiled.
New battery less than a year old.

Substantial paperwork/history.

Car is kept to look original. Standard ride height, no lairy exhaust, only tinted rear lights, side repeaters and clear front indicators.

Original BBS 13" multispokes with a 5th BBS as a spare (instead of the usual steely).
Tyres all round (apart from spare) are Yoko A539s and all have good tread on them.

Now, the bad bits:

Mileage reads 204k, however the engine has not done this (complicated story best explained off thread/in person etc). Engine is on about 140k ish. Starts first time and runs very smooth!

Paintwork is original and is looking tired, there's a few odd small rust spots. Paint needs some attention.

Seats and doorcards are getting a bit faded. But then alot of other G's this age are the same. Drivers seat bolster starting to go.

The headlining at the rear needs a little tidying. It's a bit messy from where I had to ease it down and replace the Beesting aerial seal.

One of the rear plastic arch splats is split. But it's been like that since I got it, and still stays firmly in place.

Car is fitted with a Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser. I have 2 fobs for this, 2 sets of keys.

I've a few spares to throw in as well.

Car located in Plymouth. Devon

£1500

Any questions, please ask.

Will be sad to see it go :-(

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:15:36 pm by Steve »

Offline DaveG40

• Members
Re: My Black G40 for sale :-(
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:13:20 pm »
Personal Message Sent - Please can you send me your contact details? Thanks.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:48 pm »
Interested in a Seat Ibiza Cupra diesel 160?

Offline Steve

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
Interested in a Seat Ibiza Cupra diesel 160?

Na, got a Seat Ibiza already! And a T4, got to cut down!

Offline BiG-G

• Members
  • An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:39:45 pm »
Got  an 02 plate gen7 Toyota Celica 1.8 vvti in silver unmodified gen 85k
Great car, really want another G40? ???

Offline Craig g

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »
Very interested in this really hope my motorbike sells to fund this