Club Sponsors > Polo Performance Parts

Subframe Fitting Guide- Hints & Tips

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yoof:
Aye 6 gears wasn't a slip of the fingers on keys, reverse is usually the pain!

Chris- very good point regarding tracking, ARM mount is silly torque, but does use high tensile bolts (M12 iirc) so should be fine, I think ARB bolts (the 4 M8 ones) are 25Nm, I'll consult Haynes book of lies tomorrow and update the thread.  :)

Yoof:
Oh and anyone wishing to upgrade their earlier frames to have adjustable arms on the car, I'll get the parts numbers from Hayesey (he's done this on his) was about £60 in parts I believe, and you get new rose joints etc too.

hayesey:
One thing I'm not sure you've mentioned.  When fitting the new rear gearbox mount to the gearbox casing, you mount it using two of the actual case bolts and one of the original mount bolts.  You need to replace the case bolts with ones approx 10mm longer than the originals or you'll find they only grip a very small amount of thread and will strip it off.

Andy:
Standard G40 dimensions, according to the Super Coupe Cup regulations are as follows:

Wheelbase: 2335mm
Front Track: 1320mm
Rear Track: 1346mm

This might help others with setting the wheelbase post-Stage 3 subframe fitment.

scully:
Hi, I've bought a PPP subframe a couple of years ago, and the rose joints weren't delivered inside the rubber (dust jacket). So my question is, how do I get the rose joint inside the rubber, and do I need to grease it before putting it in the rubber, and if so, what type of grease do I use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version