Author Topic: G40 advice  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Dan-G40

• Members
G40 advice
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:44 pm »
Hello everyone, used to have a g40 a couple of years ago but sold it, anyway a friend of mine was selling his so I've got the bug again   ;)

I've just bought a g has just had the engine rebuilt / bored with Wossner pistons (one of the injectors failed)... It's only done a few hundred miles since being back together, all below 3k rpm... It runs but I need advice on what to do to get it all set up correctly...

The engine has a big valve head, piper cams, gas flowed inlet / exhaust manifold, charger is R1 and was mapped to 177bhp @ Jabba when the work was done... My question is:

Once the engine has been run in, do I need to get it remapped because the pistons are larger or will the existing map suffice? I presume I will need to get the timing and sensors set correctly?

Also, he removed the induction kit at some point because it got too noisy... I seem to remember Steve @ Pitstop telling me that the standard airbox is only good to 160bhp... does my memory serve me well or am I talking bollocks?

Looking forward to getting involved in the forums again, I used to knock about on the other one before this came along...

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Offline jooshy63

• Members
Re: G40 advice
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:25:09 am »
Completely off topic, aren't you around Northampton or am I thinking of someone else?

Offline Dan-G40

• Members
Re: G40 advice
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:03:18 pm »
No, I'm oop North mate. :)