Author Topic: Engine wiring loom  (Read 3179 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Engine wiring loom
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:55:16 pm »
After searching for a while i have finaly found one, when i opened the package i noticed that there were two cut wires and two other cut wires that have been twisted back together. Im not convinced that its all there.

Does anyone have or know where i can find a wiring diagram to check that the loom has everything its supposed to have.

Cheers

Gav

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: Engine wiring loom
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »
take pics and post them up

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:52:14 pm »
haynes manual has wiring diagrams in but it is a logical wiring diagram, doesn't show exactly where wires join etc... I doubt such a diagram exists.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:46:00 pm »
As Hayesey said, Haynes has a wiring schematic - but it's not a harness drawing. Still, should be sufficient for you to work out what should go where.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 09:43:36 pm »
Pics as requested hope they are clear enough.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
Can't see pics on my phone but ill check on wednesday when i'm back home as I have a spare loom

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 09:34:22 am »
Hmmm. That's pretty hacked. Even the fuel pump fuse holder has been replaced for an in-line one.  It's hard to tell what's going on from the photos and without stripping the electrical tape insulation off. The throttle switch re-wiring is a bit bizzare (white plug) - perhaps a repair or to wire in a boost switch..?

Personally I'd strip all the insulation off all the way to the ECU plug and begin rebuilding it from there, using the Haynes manual and a multimeter to figure out what's different to how it's supposed to be. I'd also be looking to the seller for an explanation.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:51 pm »
Cheers Fellas

Can anyone else put up some pics of there wiring looms if they have any just lying around, im waiting for my haynes manual to arrive so cant really do anything until then.

The bloke I bought it from says "there is a plug that needs re wireing and a power supply needs an end putting on" im not too sure what he means by this so any additional pics of a complete loom would be great.

If anyone has one could you please post up some pics

Cheers

Gav