Author Topic: More wiring issues  (Read 2469 times)

Offline POLOMON

• Members
More wiring issues
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:09 am »
Hi All,
 I'll start with a confession, i really am bad at this wiring stuff... Looking at the engine last night i noticed i dont have any wires going to the oil pressure sensors? The one with the charger feed has got a electronic gauge instead and the brown one next to it had no wire going too it from the small injector loom trunking.

I have read on here (using search function) i can wire from clocks to the sensor but A, im not sure what that brown sensor is (high or low) and B, im not sure why i'd have too do so much wiring when its all stock stuff?.... lol.
Its probably a stupid little thing ive missed or dont understand so i have tried to answer it myself with the search but im getting nowhere fast.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: More wiring issues
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:39 am »
there should be a yellow wire and a blue wire in the loom with spade connectors on the ends and black rubber boots to push over them.  These connect to the pressure sensors.  The wires simply go directly to the back of the clocks so if they are missing for some reason, running new wires wont be hard.  You should see them also on the connector to the back of the clocks, there is a pin out diagram in the electronics FAQ section somewhere which says which sensor goes to which pin.

To tell which sensor is high and which is low, the best thing to do is to remove them and they'll have their ratings stamped on them on the back that goes against the head. 

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:41:01 am »
Naa, no seperate wires on the loom anywhere :-( Them wires are on the 1.0 engine i removed however, in a seperate loom still on the engine.
 These wires are in the injection loom and the plug for that is tucked under the dash now. This is seperate to the G40 wiring loom, its part of the lighting loom iirc.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:51:36 am by POLOMON »

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:50:59 am »
This is the plug i mean, this is the one that came off the injector wiring loom. so i need to strip the injector loom down and use a couple of them wires for the sensors and extend the sensor wires where applicable?

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56:31 am »
Sorry, this is a picture of the G40 loom im using, no sensor wires on this one or the one ive got with the conversion.

If i have to use the plug from the injector rail and extend a few wires that would be fairly easy.