Author Topic: Polo saloon rear bench Does it fit a coupe  (Read 2853 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Polo saloon rear bench Does it fit a coupe
« on: December 23, 2009, 09:45:02 am »
Ok this maybe the worlds dumbest question but does the rear bench from a polo saloon fit a polo coupe ??

Offline metz

• Members
Re: Polo saloon rear bench Does it fit a coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 03:30:44 pm »
The bit you sit on is a straight swap but the back support is totally different altogether. The sallon has a welded in sheet of steel behind the rear seat and the  back rest has 2 hooks that slot into this.You could take the cover and sponge off and try and get it onto a coupe/hatch frame though.

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 03:39:37 pm »
Not really. Thought about this myself back in the day (2002). The saloon has a fixed back seat, not folding like the coupe, but I was pretty confident it could be done. When I went for the leather retrim I took along a saloon rear, just the seat back, (cost me £3 from a scrappy), but the trimmer wasn't happy with it, so in the end he removed the headreasts and fitted them to the coupe seat back.

Tried to include a photo but been having problems. Look at my pictures in ongoing projects, there's one there.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:51:52 pm »
Just outa intrest how much was your retrim I'm thinkng of either getting just the rear seats done or just the front done ??

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »
I paid £750 for front and rear seats and a steering wheel, but that was back in 2002 (door cards in 2010 maybe). Another local trimmer quoted me cheaper, but he wanted to use vinyl for some bits, I wasn't happy with that and thought the guy was a cock, although he does have a decent reputation.