Author Topic: seat re trim  (Read 2694 times)

Offline boyzey

• Members
seat re trim
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:14:40 pm »
oryt just wonderd if any one has ever had a go at stripping the covers off the seats and repairing bits or even a full re trim ?

cheers

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: seat re trim
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »
Ditto on that; my front seat's are just starting to get tatty and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to source the original material.

Offline genesisGT

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »
taking them to bits is the easy bit its the putting them back together thats hard.

if you find a seat or cover in better condition a swap is easier. but you can take the foam out and fix the bolster etc not to hard.

hardest bits are getting the adjuster nob off in one piece as the screws usually stuck and the wee wire connectors that pull the fabric in to give it its shape.

the 2 wee plastic plugs that hold the headrest on will likely die too only ever got 1 off in one piece but apart from that is you take your time, take photos as u go to help reasambly should and keep a £10 aside for new wee plastic headrest clips should be ok.

Rear seats are alot easier can change the cover on them in about an hour.

their is a company in germany does the paterened material but it is very ver y expensive for what it is and it mainly seems to be Golf, jetta stuff they do never seen any new polo fabrics.

Offline giorgio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »
I have a very very very good G40 interior that I would sell. Any takers?