Author Topic: hesitation when blipping throttle from idle  (Read 1322 times)

Offline camone

• Members
hesitation when blipping throttle from idle
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:01:48 pm »
Can someone give me some advice.
Im trying to get my g40 running properly, ive set the timing and idle so they are spot on but im getting a problem of hesitation when i blip the throttle from idle. The revs drop off, the engine shakes like its gonna stall for a second before reving up as normal.
Whits the script????

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: hesitation when blipping throttle from idle
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:02:40 pm »
That's usually ignition timing being out in my experience, what dd youset it to?

Offline camone

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »
set it to the right hand timing mark as you look at the pulley. Its one of psds toothed pullies. Tried swapping back to standard chip and injectors but still the same. Got new spark plugs and rotar arm and a new standard polo coil. Might try my old golf coil. Knock sensors wire insulation was cracked too so wrapped it in insulating tape

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:45:16 am »
hmm I seem to recall the early PSD pullies I had only had a TDC mark on, no ignition timing mark.  They had two small lines either side of a single tooth, too close together to be TDC & -5deg, they just mark one tooth between the lines which is TDC. 

Probably best to use the screwdriver (or if you're posh, DTI gauge) down a spark plug hole to check TDC and then use a timing gun with dial-in advance.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48:39 am »
Mine had to do with the intake sensor being blocked! You know the little square thing before the throttle! Take it out clean it and put a finger in the hole to see if anything has stuck there! In my case it was the  metallic ring that was supposed to stay at the end of the pipe so that you can tighten your silicon clamp!

Offline camone

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:51:42 am »
im gonna try sticking the standard pullies back on and time it up with them. Ill try taking the sensor before the tb and giving it a clean too first