Author Topic: rear strut bushes  (Read 1944 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
rear strut bushes
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:04 am »
trying to get some of the bushes that go into the bottom of the rear struts, vag dont list them on etka just wondered if any one had replaced them and if so whered they get them from ?

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Re: rear strut bushes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:55 pm »
I wouldn't have thought they were available as a seperate part Anthony. The bottom bush comes as part of the damper/strut unit, a bit like when you buy a new TCA.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:34:35 pm »
Suppose Im stuck with the ones I've got then, just was trying to replacing all old rubber as I rebuild. Thanks breadman 

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:35 pm »
Doesn't anyone make poly bushes for there? You could always measure the size required then email a few poly bush companies, might find they do some for another reason but will fit there too?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:11:08 pm »
Have a look here; http://superflex.co.uk/categories.php?cat=73

My only experience of this company are when I bought a full front set on my first G about 6/7 years ago. I tore a pair of bushes tore after a short while (a week or two I think?) on the front somewhere, told them, they made some hardened versions for me but it took about 4 months for them to arrive as I believe they're an Aussie company and had to make them then ship them, etc.

I'd sold the car by then and forgot what I did with them. So, good customer service, just took an age to get harder shore versions due to logisitics/ manufacturing reasons I imagine. No idea if they offer different options as a result nowadays.