Author Topic: diesel (thicker) driveshaft to suit a g40  (Read 3325 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
diesel (thicker) driveshaft to suit a g40
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »
Here we have a driveshaft from a diesel polo for sale.  I think it's off a mk4 polo but it fits a g40 just fine (had it on mine for a few months).  It is thicker than a standard g40 shaft (yes even the thinner parts of it are still thicker than the standard polo shaft).  Included are two CV boots which you will need to fit it due to it's thickness (they aren't new but they are in good condition, no cracks).  Standard CV joints will fit this (the joints from it are now on my uprated driveshaft bought for £140+ as part of a recent group buy).

One word of warning however, it is not suitable for polos lowered more than about 40mm or it will catch the body which is the reason I'm selling it (and why I bought the uprated shaft which isn't as thick as this one is in places). 

So if you have a g40 which is standard ride height or not far off standard then this is a cheap route to a driveshaft that wont keep snapping on you.

After £20 including the CV boots (which are required, normal polo cv boots wont fit!).  Located just north of Manchester or just outside Huddersfield during office hours.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: diesel (thicker) driveshaft to suit a g40
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:41:06 am »
can take this to Edition if required!

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »
I will take this if that ok Hayesey. Office hours collection for me! I knock off at 3.30pm.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:24:11 am »
ok mate no problem.  My work is in Milnsbridge just outside Huddersfield.  I'll send you a PM with details.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
are you still wanting this mate? Can you get in touch?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »
Sold!  To that man over there.  Have fun with it.  Sorry I couldn't talk for longer but work and all that...