Author Topic: Engine Cut Out  (Read 2207 times)

Offline chester

• Members
Engine Cut Out
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:01:57 pm »
Hi All,

wondered if you could help.

Picked up my car last weekend and drove it 200 miles all fine. Next day drove and all fine. Sunday morning drove it and started fine and then after 5 minutes put my foot down on the accelerator yet nothing happened so had to pull over. The car would fire up and then cut out straight away as fuel was not kicking in. Fuel pump was ok aand checked linkages and all seemed fine.

After about 1 hour after getting towed the car  suddenly started up fine with nothing done. Then drove another 200 miles. Halfway through the same thing happened but then started working again almost immediately. All fine until a mile from home the same thing happened again yet this time has not started up.

I think it is a fuel related issue as everything else seems fine. Just wondered if anyone could  help. The guy who resprayed the car mentioned a build up in pressure in the fuel tank and I have read about blocked breathers but am not the greatest car guy in the world so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chester

Offline lance

• Members
Re: Engine Cut Out
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:11 pm »
fuel pump relay.

Offline chester

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:10:48 pm »
The fuel pump comes on ok so would not of thought it was the fuel pump relay??

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:59:14 pm »
sounds like a problem i had once!

It may be your hall sender mine had the same problem one minute it was fine then suddenly no power when driving.And it would not start and then suddenly it would start but could take up to 5mins or an hour it was very random.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:03 pm »
Fuel Pressure Regulator maybe? although I've never heard of one shutting of the fuel completely.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:03:38 pm »
hall sender in the dizzy