Author Topic: New Member - from Bournemouth (sorry GT but am on the search for a G40 too! )  (Read 3028 times)

Offline VEEDUB89

• Members
well helloo people, as the title says, and this is my gt, i'm on the hunt for a g40, I LOVE the older polo's i have had a 1.0 mk2 parade a temporary 1994 6n (for a month, was too new for me!) then found a nice mk2 coupe S with a GT engine and had to have it! so here it is:

Engine

* 1.3 3F GT.
* Removed from an embarrassingly tidy GT and having covered 70,482 miles 1995 of the donor vehicle
* The engine is completely standard apart (including the GT exhaust) from a slightly drilled airbox and a de-cat pipe. Everything was cleaned when it was returned to the engine bay and the rev counter has been wired in.
* The cambelt was replaced when the engine was installed and new earth leads have been fitted, along with a new coil pack, plugs, leads, fully synth VAG oil and MANN filter, dist. cap, rotor arm, air filter, fuel filter, AFM, all vacuum pipes, rocker cover gasket, header tank, heater matrix, starter motor, clutch cable, semi-synth gearbox oil, gear linkage kit, coolant temp sensor and exhaust mounts.

Suspension - Wheels

* Phil J kit 40/40, Front end also fitted with Supersport 10mm lowering caps.
* All rubber for the front end of the vehicle was replaced - lower track arms, one steering tie rod end and CV boot, and all 4 anti-roll bar bushes.
* Mk3 GT rear axle.
* Revolution RFX 13" rims, with 175/50 R13 Slime Astars
* Mk2 Coupe S Hockenheim alloy spare

Brakes

* Mk1 Golf GTI front calipers (VW II), with 239mm vented discs.
* New hoses all round.

Interior

* GT Steering wheel.
* LG head unit
* Period Phillips in-car 'hifi' speakers
* Original front, VW, dealer-fit, rubber mats
* Checkered interior
* Rear flooring (from a breadvan...van)
* JBL GTO sub in tube box and 500W amp
* Black carpet (front section)

Body

* De-bumpered (including side-strips)
* De- wipered (rear)
* Modern look window wipers
* Coupe parade mirrors
* Indicators moved to foglights
* Sunstrip
* Chrome Handles
* INXX polished alloy bonnet lifters

To Do:

* Lower (more)
* Black front seats
* 4-2-1 Branch
* tint rear lights (or buy crystals)
* Chip
* De-Wedge
* Port and Polish
* and probably more if i can think!

Pictures- Then:

Pictures- Now...ish :

it's always changing as i keep buying stuff, it looks a tad different atm (lower, chrome handles etc..) but i will update the pics when i can grab a camera lol

it's no g40 but i love it! hope you enjoy  ;D

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
welcome to the forum.

Interesting car, I think it'd look a lot better with the bumpers back on though.

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I think the car looked really great in the "before" pics, nice spec too. The full GT conversion makes for a really lively and fun drive too, plus personally I much prefer the look of mk2's!
Get a G40 motor installed in the mk2, win win situation!
The fact its not a G40 shouldn't mean you can't enjoy and be proud of it either.
Nice work and keep us posted.
Cheers,
Richard.

Offline soggy1

• Members
  • Chuckism
I am abit of a purist when it comes to car, so i prefur the before pics but still a nice motor. quite a few G40 conversions on the market at the moment so get involved!

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Welcome.

I prefer the car with bumpers too but each to their own.

Do like the rims though.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
car looks immaculate inside and out, i also think it looks better with the bumpers on ;D, welcome to the forum mate,

Offline VEEDUB89

• Members
cheers for the comments guys  ;D