Author Topic: Gearbox Rebuild kit advice  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Fifress

• Members
Gearbox Rebuild kit advice
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »
Hello guys,
first of all, a warm new year's welcome to all of you from the Azores, I did satrt the year in a bad way...my G's gearbox started to sing, bad bearing music... My question is this, I can't find any ATV code on the box itself, only have these numbers 085 301 107A, I heard these were part numbers for the casing and not the ID of the gearbox...no luck here. Went online and found this kit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-6N-5-Speed-Manual-085-Gearbox-Bearing-Oil-Seal-Rebuild-Kit-1994-2001-/181284147401?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a356090c9

Does anyone know if it will fit ? Pete told me some 6n boxes have diferent selector seals, but the other parts should fit....
I just don't want to order the wrong kit.

Thank you all for the time and the info shared on this forum ;)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Gearbox Rebuild kit advice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36:54 am »
hi,

there'll definitely be a code on the box, it'll be on the very top of the box where it fits against the engine.  Could be quite faint.  Should start with a code followed by the individual serial number.

Looking at that picture I'd say those parts will fit but fairly hard to say.  What comes in the box might not be exactly what's pictured anyway.  Is there not a car parts shop you can go to and get the parts ordered in from where you live?

I'm always nervous about buying stuff like that on ebay, so much stuff being described incorrectly or even worse, counterfeit parts.

Offline physicsfool

• Members
Re: Gearbox Rebuild kit advice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:03:14 pm »
I spoke to these chaps, he couldn't seem to find the part numbers for the bearings and seals so I gave it a miss.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:03:11 pm by physicsfool »