Author Topic: Tie rods and tca g40 spec and availibilty  (Read 1885 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Tie rods and tca g40 spec and availibilty
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:07:24 am »
Could somone please clarify for me.
Tie rods/steering arms g40 specs one am I correct in thinking that they are rose jointed on the inner joints and ball jointed outers? Also are they obsolete now or I possible to get hold of ? And are non g40 ones still availible ?
Secondly track controll arms are they rose jointed inners bushed outers with ball joins on the end and also are they obsolete/impossible to get and again are the non g40 ones still availible ?

Offline JIMMYP

• Members
Re: Tie rods and tca g40 spec and availibilty
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »
no sure about tie rods. but the lower arms are still avalible from vw there about 80 quid a side and the standard ones are avalible from the aftermarket there about 20 quid a side (price from different places may vary). just have a look though different posts cus those steering arms are covered here some where think aftermarket aint quite same as genuine.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:57:55 am »
As you speak of, both the genuine g40 steering arms and track control arms are rose jointed 'internally' and ball jointed 'externally' (if you see what i mean). It seems that these genuine G40 parts are discontinued/obsolete from many VW dealers, however available through some/others as has been bought to my attention recently. It seems to depend on availablity and luck....

My dealer, like most, will tell you genuine g40 steering/lower arms are obsolete but they can source non-g40 components which will fit and do the same job (nearly  ;) )!

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 06:17:15 am »
Thanks guys just wanted to check that there was a difference and it was that they both have rose jointed inners. I've only got gt stuff as my car is a conversion just wanted to check what I had n knew what inwas talking about when I went to the dealers :)