Author Topic: engine mounts  (Read 1923 times)

Offline dazzle53

• Members
engine mounts
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:51:25 am »
hi does anyone uprate there engine mounts? ive uprated my gearbox mount already but am still finding alot of twist as it manages to knock the linkage off and seperate the exhaust  :( should i just eplace the front to mounts with standard or uprate?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
Re: engine mounts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:08 am »
Do you know the hardness of the uprated one and where did you get them from, just curious thats all.  Only uprated ones ive ever know where the cup car ones, rocking horse sh1t now.

Depending on hardness, vibration will be an issue, comfort wise on the road.  You shouldn't have too much of a hassle though just replacing with new mounts, yours maybe perished and tired.

Offline dazzle53

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:01:31 pm »
the only one ive changed is the gearbox mount from pps

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:23:20 pm »
there have been group buys on uprated rubber mounts made out of poly, usually built around a shore rating of .55 and a couple of sets made at a shore rating of .60. (i did the 3 and last group buy on these)

You could try and find a set of these second hand?? or failing that would suggest new VW ones.

If you really want a set of the poly ones, i might be able to get some made up for you, but they would be really costly, as there is no demand for them anymore, so can't get enough for a group buy together.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:24:57 pm »
has anyone measured the shore rating of standard VW rubbers?