Author Topic: pads chattering?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
pads chattering?
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:01:25 am »
i fitted new discs and pads and my new callipers last week and for some reason the drivers side pads have started chattering tonight particularly when turning right.  I think it has something to do with the shims as I reused the old ones.  i was told its common to just reuse them? Was this a bad move, tight arse move?  Looking at them especially the top one I can move it across the carrier right and left?  why is this?  Im sure I put them in correctly as I know the end locates in the carrier?  Looking at this picture...do they look right?  the little lobes pointing inwards?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:03:56 am by supercharged spaniel »

Offline grayg40

• Members
Re: pads chattering?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:11:38 am »
you might have been given dodgy pads. i would compare them to the other side, and if they are identical then get some new spacer things.
Did you not get supplied with new spacers when you got new pads?

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:59:17 pm »
I had this problem with some pagid pads. One of the pads was made slightly bigger, so that you could move it up and down by about 1mm from the top and bottom seating platforms. I even used the new shims. I tried to wedge something extra inbetween the shim and pad, but it kept falling out :(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:01:33 pm by Nick_S »

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:06:44 pm »
put some new shims in ...see how it goes..

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »
where are they?  theyre there for sure but just a litle hard to distinguish.  the ferrodo pads didnt come with new shims cos i think racing drivers are too hardcore and have there own supply ha ha so i reused them. bought some today for 3 quid though fitted them and ive been all over and not heard them making any noises so happy so far.