Author Topic: fuel consumption  (Read 27127 times)

juan

Re: fuel consumption
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 12:34:07 pm »
"A standard g40 should be capable of 51.4mpg according to the original spec."

where you get this from?

google

juan

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 12:34:50 pm »
"A standard g40 should be capable of 51.4mpg according to the original spec."

where you get this from?

google

Oh the info is also on clubg40 aswell, in the articles section  ;)

juan

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 12:40:17 pm »
ah got ya, i was just browsing the g40 handbook for it but i couldnt find it, thought i was going mad!

again the 51mpg figure is from doing constant 56mph in theory

juan

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »
haha you'd have to drive like an old lady i expect.

Theoretically its possible to do 479 miles on a full tank in a G40, maybe 500 is possible if you fill it up to the top of the filler neck haha  ;D

Online samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »
I managed 425 miles or therabouts on one tank. That was running a charger in and sticking to 3k revs for the whole tank, I drove the length of the country on quiet roads so no slowing or speeding up. For normal driving I get about 350 miles out of a tank, thats with fairly mixed driving and I'm not the most economical of drivers.

I think G's when they are all working right are very good on juice, if they arent, there is something amiss somewhere imo.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 01:02:25 pm »
Damit i wish i could get more than 320 miles out of mine, even after fresh charger, full service, the works pretty much an still ecomincally driven 320 an im out of fuel. :-[

I think this topic has become more of a 'ten ways to lower your Karma rating' lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:04:50 pm by wozzaG40 »

Online samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 01:25:43 pm »
320 isnt too terrible really. Thinking about it that is probably more of a realistic figure but 350 isnt out of the question. At the end of the day if I was driving the car to get 425 miles out of every tank there would be no point in owning the thing. The fact that I can rag it and still get 30+ out of it is one of the big plus points of the car though for me.

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 01:41:48 pm »
Back on topic, i got about 340+ miles to the tank when i drove my g40 back from leeds, this was a mix of driving steady at 70 most of the time plus testing the g out now and again  8)

You're wrong, this is not possible, you do know that right? :D

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2009, 03:08:13 pm »
Standard Mk3 consumption was supposed to be 35-50MPG. I took my old G with only  122bhp on an economy drive one day out of curiosity. A top of the neck to top of the neck fill after 300 odd miles ( not just odd but bore you shitless) came out with 48mpg. That was in up hill, down dale country. I reckon a standard G, well set up, could crack 50 mpg; question is why would you want to?

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2009, 06:52:24 pm »
oh my god! ha ha  some of the stuff people are saying here surely cannot be possible..is it?...sorry dirrt ( I hate calling you that but I don't know your real name) but Im not trying to be patronising...although I am being sarcastic because what are saying is, in no other words is utter rubbish..whatever way you look at it...  Busters photo didn't prove anything...as you seem to believe..from your figures you should be getting around 500 miles per tank..if so..I want know whats going on cos I need that mpg! dont we all?  but its just not possible! not even occasionally?!  I don't want to fall out with people and i don't want to get angry or cause bad feeling but its just so ridiculous i just can't help posting...especially as i also read a post on club polo of you chasing some porsche or something?  I can't remember exactly but apart from it not being the best thing to go on about on a forum you need to use a heavy foot to do such things which instantly puts your mpg claims out the window?!

I'm sorry i have upset you i really am but i just can't accept your claims...maybe im just jealous...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:25:35 pm by supercharged spaniel »

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2009, 06:59:15 pm »
I have got 122 miles on £10 before and I have got just under 350 on a full tank before

for example...there is approx 40 quid to a tank  which as you will know is 4 x 10 quid...122 x 4 = 488?  eh?  how did that work out?  this is the point we are making i think...i can understand however very good mpg if your driving like Sam did a few years back but not regular driving...  with regular driving with boost (a full tank without boost has got to be a killer, rebuilt engines only ha ha) i get around 300-350..

Anyway i think i've made my point and I dont think i need go on as i don't want to make enemies on this site... :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:04:15 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:27 pm »
lol i think this is amusing from both sides...
i dont really ever fill the tank to the next coz it gives me the shivers havin to fill it up two days later again..

i always fill it with 10 or 20 so it always looks empty on the needle, so there fore tricking me into not giving me a led foot.

the only time i hit the 9gallon mark i had fuel already in the tank and i added £30 pound in it (when i went to collect the car) i drove 100 miles home ,
slowing down whereever i could and accelerating quickly.

all i'll say is.. I made it home :|

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:00 pm »
i usually go for 20 quid...last a while but as soon as it hits the number '4' it disappears!!  filling the tank thoughthe needle doesnt move from the top for ages.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2009, 07:12:13 pm »
from full to breaking down - i did 436 to a tank... 40odd mpg in heavy but moving traffic all motorway stopping once, i rarely did above 60 or below 45mph.

normally 300-330 on a normally driven g (town and occasional blast) is normal