Author Topic: Genuine Tornado Red G40  (Read 6069 times)

Offline tez

• Members
Genuine Tornado Red G40
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:17:00 pm »
Regretfully, I'm having to put my G40 up for sale due to needing a bigger car. It's an original G40 (not a conversion) and has covered 107k miles. It's never wanted for anything while in my possession and has been maintained regardless of cost. It's a strong engine and has been completely reliable for me. I've just had a new Valeo clutch fitted with release bearing, replaced the blue temp sender, and new Powerflex outer TCA polybushes.

MOT: August 2012
Tax: April 2012

Spec:

Security:
TOAD Cat2 Immobiliser

Engine:
PSD Full blend supercharger (serviced 7k ago)
PSD 65mm toothed pulleys
Custom mapped by Jabbasport
Jabbasport induction kit
Boost return mod (charger lubed every 500 miles with PTFE spray)
Cat-back exhaust hidden behind bumper (unknown make, possibly powerflow)

Suspension / Brakes
256mm brake conversion with Vectra 16v calipers and carriers, Mk2 Golf 16v discs.
Fully polybushed front end
Lowered 60/40 on Weitec shocks and springs

Wheels
14x6 Speedline wheels with near new 194/45/14 Uniroyal Rainsport 2's (rare optional extra from the Mk2 Golf Country)

Interior
Digital AutoGauge boost gauge

In the last 3k it's had a full service including oil, filter, spark plugs, ht leads, rotor arm and distributor cap.  The timing belt and water pump were done at 92k. It's also recently been fitted with new top mounts and had the shocks rebuilt, along with new gearbox oil.

Bad points:

Both doors are rusty on the bottom corners (common place for them to go) but I have a pair of replacement doors with Audi A6 handles welded in that I will include if the asking price is met.
There is also some lacquer peel on the drivers side rear quarter.

Pictures:

Lacquer peel:

Price:

£2200 or I will consider a part-ex for a B5.5 Passat TDI. I'm based in South Manchester and am available for viewings in the evenings and weekends.

Offline tez

• Members
Re: Genuine Tornado Red G40
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »
This is now SORN as I've got an A4 as a daily. I'm going to reduce the price to £1700 including the spare parts. If it doesn't sell, I'll be selling my Beetle and doing a turbo conversion on this.

Offline Scrivenator

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:25:57 am »
Long shot but is this still for sale mate? Might be putting my car up for sale in the next week or so and will keep my eye on this, thanks

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »
it is still for sale, its being moved to our new unit tomorrow so will be under cover

absolute bargain to be fair with toothies, full blend charger, near new tyres (200 quid), 256mm brakes etc!