Author Topic: rear axle bracket alignment  (Read 1738 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
rear axle bracket alignment
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:53 pm »
Trying to put my rear axle back on just wondered if the method for trying to get it straight is to put it on and measure the wheel base? i have got a subframe and i measured the wheel base prior to fitting it after fitting it i adjusted it to try and even up the wheelbase to do this i had to "unwind" the passenger side quite a bit more than the drivers side so now im assuming measuring wheelbase may not be effective.

I did mark the truinion brakets prior to removing them but i painted the underside of the car so stupidly have now lost the marks.Just wondered if any one knows a way to ensure the brackets are in the correct place preventing my car from crabing.

Also on a side not the haynes books says that the pivot bolt heats must face outwards but i physicaly cannont fit one picto bolt through the bracket so that the head of the bolt is on the outside, why is it important to have the heat of the bolt on the outside ??
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:11:55 pm by dub-disaster »

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: rear axle bracket alignment
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:23:40 am »
If you're not sure then might be worth just bolting it up as straight as you can then take it to a tracking place and get them to line it up. I had mine on a ramp yesterday my rear bushes are fooked, Have about 1" movement on each side with a mild press of a level bar :o G-ladersiete stuff's on order now :D