Club G40 > General Car Chat

Realistic prices for VW Polo G40's in the UK

(1/3) > >>

Jester:
Hi,

bit of a random thread, I've been contemplating selling my G40 for a while now sadly..

I've had a browse on the Polo G40 FB page and prices seem to be much higher than before, amongst others currently on carandclassic/ebay/gumtree etc.. some have apparently fetched as high as £8750 with some other high milers asking 6-8.5k

I know this forum is quiet.. but realistically what should the price bracket be? I quite like to think mines a well looked after usable G40, but struggling to put a price on it.

Looking forward to anyone's opinions  ::)

samg40:
Sorry to hear that fella.

As for price, yeah its really tricky at the moment. Yours is a very nice clean example that's obviously been well looked after, they are quite thin on the ground these days. At the moment I'd certainly be wanting north of £6k at the moment given recent prices.

Jester:
My brother has said similar, I compare mine to his on some levels but yea it's very difficult. Appreciate your views on it though.

:'(

Andy:
I think they're at the stage where originality and condition is key to getting a decent value, but if they're rotten or bodged then they can still be sub-£2k cars. An unmolested original car that's still solid has got to be worth £6k. I guess I'm saying the shit ones are still only worth breaking money, but the good ones are shooting up in value.

sleag40:
I'm considering selling one of mine, I just don't get the chance to drive them much any more. I too am struggling to come up with a reasonable price to ask without either giving it away or appearing to be taking the pi55. One is a little unusual, and one sports many modifications - making price comparison awkward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version