Author Topic: Just some questions about my GT  (Read 3778 times)

Offline MichaelGT

• Members
Just some questions about my GT
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
Hi, i'm new to the whole scene, just got a polo gt for my first car, actually it used to belong to Jeff Seddon, the guy with the twin vr6 golf hah, anyway, it's had a 1.6 put in it, with twin 40 dellorto carbs, does anyone know where i can get some gauzes for the trumpets for cheap? not too keen on paying £80 for 4 of them!?

I was also wondering about the plastic trims on the side, i want to go for the more smooth look and wasn't sure if i took these off weather they'd leave holes or what?

The other thing is that the mirrors that have been put on it look silly haha i hate them, but i'm not terribly keen on the original mirrors either? what other ones would fit without a lot of extra work needing done? i was thinking 6n mirrors?

Offline Dan:)

• Members
Re: Just some questions about my GT
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:48:06 pm »
I'll have your arch kit and side skirt if ya selling them??

Offline MichaelGT

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 01:03:14 am »
I'll have your arch kit and side skirt if ya selling them??

i'm going to keep a hold of the arches just now, probably sell the skirts?

Offline Dan:)

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:21 pm »
Oh ok mate I would like the whole set so I won't be interested. Thanks for reply though.

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »
Hi, i'm new to the whole scene, just got a polo gt for my first car, actually it used to belong to Jeff Seddon, the guy with the twin vr6 golf hah, anyway, it's had a 1.6 put in it, with twin 40 dellorto carbs, does anyone know where i can get some gauzes for the trumpets for cheap? not too keen on paying £80 for 4 of them!?

I think I remember that car from the first Polo show about 10 years back. If it's the one I'm thinking of it had a great big nitrous bottle in the back.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:42 pm »
I've never seen this in the metal but I've got a few pics of it from years ago on my computer upstairs. Does it still have the eye stickers on the headlights?

Offline MichaelGT

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 01:47:01 am »

I think I remember that car from the first Polo show about 10 years back. If it's the one I'm thinking of it had a great big nitrous bottle in the back.

that would be the one haha i've taken it out now though haha still have all the kit though

Offline MichaelGT

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:36 am »
I've never seen this in the metal but I've got a few pics of it from years ago on my computer upstairs. Does it still have the eye stickers on the headlights?

could you send me them please? to michael.scott1@hotmail.co.uk? and no there's no stickers on the headlights haha, just dubsport ones up the side and some 'nitrous'd polo' ones haha

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:00 am »

could you send me them please? to michael.scott1@hotmail.co.uk? and no there's no stickers on the headlights haha, just dubsport ones up the side and some 'nitrous'd polo' ones haha

I'll see what I can dig up