Technical > Chassis & Braking

whats the standard wheelbase?

(1/4) > >>

hayesey:
does any one knoe, or can any one measure, the wheel base of a standard-ish polo?  By this I mean the measurement between the centre of the rear wheels to the centre of the front wheels?  I want to know how far off standard my castor angle is.

cheers,
Paul.

Max:
[quote pid=2023 author=hayesey date=1214676937]does any one knoe, or can any one measure, the wheel base of a standard-ish polo?  By this I mean the measurement between the centre of the rear wheels to the centre of the front wheels?  I want to know how far off standard my castor angle is.

cheers,
Paul.[/quote]

its in the broshure if you look on club polo. if your fitting a subframe make sure your rear axel is straight. I set my wheelbase equal although I have since discovered the rear axel is not straight. Need to find a good refernce point on the chasis if you know one
edit - Its giorgio not max

hayesey:
Anyone?  just need a ball-park figure, surely someone on here owns a tape measure :)

giorgio:
[quote pid=2102 author=hayesey date=1214912750]Anyone?  just need a ball-park figure, surely someone on here owns a tape measure :)[/quote]

i set mine to 234cm

Its 231cm from factory

hayesey:
hmm I measured mine at 92 1/2" which is 235cm so doesn't seem far off really.  The wheels seem pretty far forward in the arches though and I'm out of adjustment on the subframe struts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version