Author Topic: Undercarriage  (Read 2102 times)

Offline kaisegeberger

• Members
Undercarriage
« on: August 29, 2009, 08:32:02 am »
 I'm looking to fit some coilies and camber adjustment to my G and would like to draw on peoples experiences. I'm looking for a setup that allows camber and height adjustment and has a spring rate that compensates for lack of anti-roll bar and remains bearable on todays roads. Any suggestions welcome.

A good suspension set-up being the expensive thing it is, I thought a list of known combinations of components would be useful. Add your experiences below.

H&R cup 60/40 kit, PPP stage3 subframe, standard topmounts, Toyo CF1s: Well impressed with the cup kit, but rolls a tad too much with the subframe and the subframe put the camber out enough to be annoying. Still a vast improvement over standard and spring rate and height is OK for road

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Undercarriage
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:20:00 am »
still yet to get mine right really.  I have home made coilovers on the front but I'm still messing about with spring combinations to get it right.

For camber adjustment I have Salzmann eccentric top mounts but they're not the best solution by a long way, every time you adjust the camber the castor angle is thrown out.  Plus they don't really offer much camber adjustment.  I'm currently thinking about attempting to make some adjustable bottom arms.