Author Topic: trying to sort out the general running and my new found misfire!  (Read 5913 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: trying to sort out the general running and my new found misfire!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:26 pm »
wel I'd say if the injector is dead then you'll need a new one.

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »
i wouldnt be happy putting it in even after its been looked at..get yourself a new set or a new one at least

Offline goosyganger

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 01:13:22 am »
Yeah I'm just trying to source one now. Might be worth just grabbing a different one.

Anyone know how much vw charge for a brand new one? A few arms and legs I assume?

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 01:51:37 am »
Yes Bosch direct might be better. Vw wanted an absolute fortune for them! I got new ones from psd when they were open. They weren't Bosch but a good company non the less but I'd have to take them out to remind me.  Obviously psd is no more. Might be worth ringing g werks and seeing if they can get hold of some for you or Bosch direct.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 02:13:11 am »
They were Densos! That's the name! Just came to my head! Theyre a supplier to many oem companies and as far as my quick research suggests Mitsubishi use them in their evos and they are a topic for discussion for upgrading to other densos. I remember Steve got them from the US. Type in denso injectors on google and there is a lot of info about them from their own websites and forums etc. Might be worth trying to get some of them if they're cheaper than Bosch ones? Having a lot of info pop up is reasuring and when they're used in high performance cars too. Nowt worse than typing a brand in and finding nowt lol.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 09:20:19 am »
Denso are basically the equivalent of Bosch but for Japanese cars instead of European ones.  I'd have no qualms about using Denso parts really. 

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 09:22:05 am »
might be the injector loom as hayesey says as they should all work fine after cleaning them. i'd say swap no 2 and 1, if the prob is still on no2 then it aint the injector but the loom

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 12:44:13 pm »
I think he's already tried swapping the injector onto another cylinder though pete.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 12:47:52 pm »
i'd send them back and complain then!!!

Offline goosyganger

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 02:58:07 pm »
The other three are fine though so its not really necessary to get a full set. I checked with a few Bosch dealers today and noone has any, would need to order them from abroad which wouldnt take long but would cost around £55 for the pleaser per injector. Which isnt too bad. I checked with VW just out of interest, they want around £120 per injector lol.

Ill look into these Denso injectors, might be worth grabbing a set on the next pay check.

Yeah Pete I changed 2 and 3 around and the same injector wasnt working. So im trying to contact the place that did them to get them to re do it or at least investigate whats going on with them. Im trying to get a different all together though to have a few spares. But will definatly get a new set as soon as I can afford them because it doesnt seem like the most reliable way of maintaining them.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 03:15:39 pm »
if you want to borrow a set, I have a set of spares in a bag in my spare room.