Author Topic: having some stange problem  (Read 1964 times)

Offline chase_g40

• Members
having some stange problem
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:51:48 pm »
hi there im having some strange problem

when i start the car it runs fine

but when i start to drive it, it starts to judder and cuts out, once i start it back up its fine den when im driving at bout 2-3 rpm it starts to judder again but when i put the throttle down it goes away,

but den if i go to put the throttle down it loses all power den out of no where it kicks in again in a burst and does this in all gears no matter what the temp is,

really doing my head in but ive bin told its running really RICH as you smell the petrol fumes badly and can watch the gauge drop

i asked a rac guy he told me it might be the blue temp sensor but wasnt too sure so i fort ide ask people on here
can someone help please ???  :(

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • GT40 - AE86C
Re: having some stange problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:28:49 pm »
Can you see your boost and AFR? You can try to disconnect the plug of the blue sensor when the thermostat is opend and if there is no difference in the engine work - the sensor is gone.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:25:52 am »
your car is in limp mode by sounds of it, cutting out because one of the sensors is telling it something

do as said above, let the car get up to temperature, and unplug the blue temp sensor, try it look for change, den do the same with the lambda probe

it has to be one of these causing the problem  ::)

Offline chase_g40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:26:13 pm »
ok guys will thanks

Offline chase_g40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 02:24:34 am »
just a update guys and galls it ended up being a vacum hose but i dont seem to to get any vacum pull on the throttle body side that goes to a fuel diaprham cant figure it out ???