Author Topic: G40 Goodies- Eaton Conversion, Cup Car Parts, Stainless Exhaust etc  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Some parts which I don't need from a doner G40 I'm taking the engine from for mine. Shell is very tired and has had a hard life. I'm willing to let this go for free as an original black G40 shell complete with glass and all body panels, but you will need to bring your own suspension (or give me £150 for what's on it) but will require wheels. I can trailer this too at your cost.

So, parts for sale- All parts exclude postage, collection from Jct 12 M40, BVF next weekend, or postage at buyers expense:

Ashley 4-2-1 Manifold £SOLD

Scorpian (I think) 2.5" Exhaust £250

Looks to be a custom made system, fits well and has 3 silencers from what I can see, will take this off the car on Tuesday, so can get better pics then.

G40 Cup Car ARB Blocks- Only for the brave!!! £SOLD

Auto Gauge Boost, Air Fuel and Oil Pressure Gauges - brand new £SOLD

G40 Clocks- £50

All gauges/lights appear to work

Momo Wheel & boss £75

Good quality wheel, no play in the boss, has small amount of wear on the left hand thumb grip, right hand side is good.

14" Speedlines with Yoko A539 / Toyo R1 £300ono

Better pics to come, I have no measured tread depth, but ~4.5mm front and 6.5mm rear (Yoko on front, Toyo on rear) Wheels are gloss black with diamond cut lips, could do with some attention and new centre caps.

AWT Eaton Conversion- £SOLD

Eaton Intercooler & Boost Pipe £150

Designed for the above eaton kit, has aluminium end tanks and a stainless steel boost hose, compelte with all silicone joiners and clips you need.

Wing Mirrors- £SOLD

2 Corrado Front Seats £30

Need a good clean! Drivers side has wear to bolster

All for now, more parts to follow

Pete

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:43:01 pm by Yoof »

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: G40 Goodies- Eaton Conversion, Cup Car Parts, Stainless Exhaust etc
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:02 am »
Gauges have gone.

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:07 am »
The ARB blocks Pete, are they offset to help correct wheel caster when lowered?

Offline budunt121

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:36 am »
Hi pal I'll take the eaton set up !

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »
Gauges and mirrors gone.

Eaton pending sale with bud.

Ben- they will increase castor angle yes.

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »
If they pull the wheels forward the same amount as the G-lader blocks i'll take them :-)
 Must be my eyes, i cant see how ofset the holes are to correct caster though haha

Offline budunt121

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:40:32 pm »
payment sent

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »
If they pull the wheels forward the same amount as the G-lader blocks i'll take them :-)
 Must be my eyes, i cant see how ofset the holes are to correct caster though haha

Quick drawing, looking at the ARB from side on, pivot points are ARB mounting to TCA/Hub mount, this length remains unchanged (top figure is 40 in this case).

Now, if we drop on of the pivot points, the ARB doesn't change length, but moves further down an arc, meaning the wheels are pulled forward by pushing one of the arb pivot points down in relation to the other.

This is just an example, and will vary from car to car dependant on how much the car is lowered by, and thus if the ARB sits level or in an arc already.

Hopefully that makes sense??

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:10:08 pm »
Makes perfect sense thanks pete! My wheels do currently catch the arb with no blocks on lock so I was going to make some lock stops. (Fairly eay looking at it) only concern is now going off how they are designed it'll actually bring the curve of the arb closer to the bottom of the wheel on lock?

If that's just me worrying then that's great lol. If you think I'll be about the same as now (I'm thinking more caster will reduce lock slightly which would be good?) Then even better, if so £55 posted and I'll send the money asap? :-)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »
Yup shouldn't be much more than £5 to post. If you're using paypal can you pay the fees please (or send as a gift) if not I can give you bank details.

Cheers

Pete

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: G40 Goodies- Oil Cooler, Helix Clutch, Stainless Exhaust etc
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:46 am »
Couple more bits I’ve taken off the G40 I’m breaking and are packaged ready to be posted.

Payment via bank transfer (PM me for details) or Paypal (you pay the fees) or cash on collection from Jct 12 M40 (Warwickshire).

Mocal Oil Cooler- £100 + delivery
Cooler, take off plate and Mocal oil hose all in good condition, looks to be 1/2BSP on the take off plate and cooler, ideal for Supercharged / naturally aspirated Polos (I’d go larger for Turbo).

Helix Organic Clutch + Pressure Plate- £100 + delivery
As above, ‘Helix’ pressure plate, I believe they just use new standard ones with the numbers ground off! And the friction plate which is in good order (see from pics) and has plenty of life left.

G40 Radiator & Fan- £65 + delivery
New Radiator & Fan, I can count the cores, but I’m guessing this isn’t a genuine G40 Radiator (slightly different core to n/a ones) but does come with a clean shroud and a new fan. Very light marking to some fins but almost brand new. I’d rather this was collected if possible.

Offline tez

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 09:47:27 am »
Is the oil cooler thermostatic? How much would delivery be? Did you get my PM/email yesterday about a chip too?

Cheers

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:25 am »
extremely interested in the exhaust system, any pictures from distance on the car.. and of it off the car would help alot.

Thanks

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 01:15:45 pm »
Is the oil cooler thermostatic? How much would delivery be? Did you get my PM/email yesterday about a chip too?

Cheers

Yup that's the silver bit sticking out the side  :) Delivery I guess £8 recorded.

And yes, got your e-mail, Andy sorts the chips although he's got a backlog after being out the country for a while.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 01:17:35 pm »
extremely interested in the exhaust system, any pictures from distance on the car.. and of it off the car would help alot.

Thanks

Only pic I have I'm afraid:

Tucks in just before the end of the bumper, so doesn't actually look barry. I'll get some pics of it off the car.

Cheers

Pete