Author Topic: is map sensor capable?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline swiftg40

• Members
is map sensor capable?
« on: November 21, 2009, 03:27:39 pm »
hello all
my G is running 16psi boost from the charger, is the map sensor capable of this pressure?

also are my standard injectors near their limits? running 65mm pulley, chip, 16psi boost, front intercooler, full stainless(de-catted) and soon a gt inlet

will it do it any harm running g60 injectors with this spec?

cheers guys

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: is map sensor capable?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 03:50:28 pm »
Stock map sensors read up to 1bar (14,5psi) if you run over a bar you have to change the map sensor...
Also, 65mm pulleys boost up to 1bar (14,5psi) is your boost gauge accurate?
Your injectors are at the limits, but they are fine... You will harm the engine if you are running lean, if you run a bit rich doesn't harm the engine realy, but only your pocket and the enviroment...
If you put g60 injectors you have to remap your ecu cause you will run very rich...
Finally, if you are after a camshaft too go for the 250cc injecors, if not, you are fine with stock g40 injectors...

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:07:13 pm »
I would say with 16psi showing on the gauge you'll be ok with the standard map sensor, it's only just above the range of the standard sensor.  If you swap for a different map sensor then you'll need a custom remap to suit.

As for injectors, it depends what power it's making, if you are at 160bhp then you probably want to upgrade to 250cc ones but if the power is less than that then there's not really much point.  Certainly if it's 150bhp then you'll be ok.  Although it's always worth getting the injectors cleaned.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 07:44:55 pm »
Stick the GT inlet on- probably find it drops 1psi. What gauge is it? My old Tim gouge read 1 bar boost at 13psi  :D

Offline swiftg40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:37:39 pm »
cheers for the reply guys, think i'll leave the map sensor for now then, probably get the injectors cleaned, going for a custom map soon after i get all the engine parts ready to go on so i'll let you know the rr result,

if i put the g60 injectors on it can the map be suited to these so its not over fueling?

its an auto gauge? was in the car when i bought it (probably not accurate)

an cheers yoof for the exhaust size advice, got it back yesterday with 2 1/4" system from manifold back an love it, got a proper standard looking stealth tip ;D sounds awesome
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 02:44:46 pm by swiftg40 »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 05:15:53 pm »
quite a nice stealth exhaust that.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:02 pm »
Looks like a nice fit- shame they use cheap quality backboxes really, usually split along the seam within a few years.

Who's mapping it for you?

Offline swiftg40

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:47:40 pm »
Cheers guys, if it does split it'll be getting took back for a new one, comes with lifetime guarantee ;D

was going to get jeff webb to map it at the rolling road at awesome gti.
 Do you have any reccommendations?

cheers