Author Topic: New member!!  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
New member!!
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:02 am »
Hey!

Just thought i would say hi!
Don't own a g40 at the moment but picking up a g40 engine today to convert my gt. Plans are for her the 1341 bottom end and eaton charger! Only really just converted my 1lt into the gt but still craved more power, don't have a clue about g40s hence the signing up.

holla

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
Re: New member!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:26:49 am »
Hello there Etches. Be prepared to spend lots a dosh then.

Fred.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:57 am »
hello!

Offline samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:55:30 am »
Welcome, hopefully we'll be able to answer any questions you may have. There is already a lot of stuff to search through on here.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:06:37 pm »
hi mate, think i've seen u about before, do u hang around with Paul Longmore and Liam Seward from lowdown?
i'm Tom anyway nice to meet you. hope the conversion goes well.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »
Yer man the lowdown lot,

the engines already got a stage 4 jabba charger and i think a chip but enquiring which one atm. This engine has ran a 15.9 at santapod i think is wot he said and has been rolling roaded at 116 at the wheels. Need to wait till the paper work comes through tho. Planning on getting it in and running before i get a smaller pulley, cam, bigger injectors and a remap. Is head work worth it on g40s? Also want a tooth belt conversion but unsure on what it actually does apart from stop slipping of the belt.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:20:13 pm by etches69 »

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:18:12 pm »
Hi there, sounds like a good little car you have attained there!

Yeah head work is worth it on all performance engines. However it is only really worth it if you have other modifications to compliment it, such as a performance cam, de-restricted air box or cone filter, changing the inlet manifold for a GT version, a larger throttle body etc. People run various combinations on here so im sure you will get pointed in the right direction.

Toothed belts do exactly what you have said - stop belt slip! This is the main point of them as when the standard belts slip it means that the G-lader is loosing 'effective boost'. Toothed belts stop this from happening giving full boost under heavy acceleration.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:41:26 pm »
toothed belt conversion also gives you a 65mm pulley to increase boost although it must have a smaller pulley fitted already if it's making 15.9psi boost, probably a 65mm one.  you wont get that boost with a standard pulley.

another advantage to toothed belt is that you don't need to tighten the belt quite so much so it puts less stress on the charger bearings.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:48 pm »
nahhh you've got me wrong, its run a 15.9 second pass at santapod. Its definitely not had a toothed belt conversion and looks like the pulley is still the larger item. I'm just a bit unsure about where to begin! I'm in no rush to put the engine in so i'll be getting some work done on it, just need a bit of advise on where to begin with the tuning, and where to get it done.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
ahhh I see  ;D

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 03:31:28 pm »
So wot do you guys/girls reckon is the best place to start with this engine? I mean I am not loaded but got some money to spend!

Cheers

Etches69

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:19:57 am »
bump

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 09:22:55 am »
chip & smaller pulley is the usual starting point.

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 04:41:33 pm »
I'd give the ECU a quick read.... I used loads of petrol not realising (I thought there would be an ECU light) my CO sensor had poped. Also, a nice list of "Intermittent"'s that showed my knock sensor wiring was loose..

If you can do it anywhere free, it's worth it imh;
Regards! See you at a show hopefully whn my license comes back september..
Neal

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 07:37:24 pm »
Heard the term "full blend charger" used on the forum, does this mean that the charger has been fully ported??
Where do you go about getting pulleys looked for some small ones? Also which chip and wanting to get some bigger injectors but unsure which ones to get the 250cc g60 ones?