Author Topic: G rebuild kit from ebay  (Read 3388 times)

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
G rebuild kit from ebay
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:18:41 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/G40-SUPERCHARGER-REBUILD-KIT-for-vw-polo-new-original_W0QQitemZ250571197747QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a57350d33

is this quote true?

VW motorsport apex strips are made in new technology (since 2010), they can't shrink (earlier original strips shrunk)! So you can enjoy power long time.  Only brown apex strips are  recommended by VW. You have possibility to buy SINTIMID 8000 apex strips too, ask me if you interested.

Apex seals are high perfomance (Viton is the best staple for seals in the world).

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: G rebuild kit from ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:20:15 am »
I would say B/S

the sintimid 8000 strips are what i use and nearly all the german rebuilders.  the 'brown' ones tend to be in earlier chargers and do shrink.  But vw I dare say haven't made any apex seals of late.  The fact its in a roll leads me to think it cheapo stuff as if you buy decent apex strips they come cut to exact sizes.

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »
I would say B/S

If this means BULLSHIT, I agree.

VW Motorsport apex strips have different dimensions to normal strips we use in regular G40/G60-chargers, because the VWM Gr. A cars had been equipped with fully modified G60-chargers. Anybody saying, this strips are made by VWM is a liar or doen'nt know it better (should not sell charger parts in this case). In addition: NAK seals are no genuine parts. And Klüber grease you get in any sanitarily trade shop.

"earlier original strips shrunk": they never did. The old strips (nearly black in colour) had more lifetime than the later, SINTIMID8000 ones. But they've been more abrasive than the newer ones with more PTFE within the compound.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:44:34 pm »
it does mean bullshit - i think he also supplied end bearing with a poly not brass cage

Offline polo classic

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »
Some VWM apex seals had different sizes than the regular g-lader ones, but not all of them.

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:28:11 pm »
Some VWM apex seals had different sizes than the regular g-lader ones, but not all of them.

VWM strips from the Gr. A chargers had different sizes; this was the only type of charger with special VWM contents.

Other chargers, e.g. used while the Wintershall G40 cup in the 1886-1989's have been completely Volkswagen stock. So the Rallye G60 cars.

--> there haven't been VWM strips with normal measures ever.