Author Topic: Oil light playing up...  (Read 1688 times)

Offline SuperMario

• Members
Oil light playing up...
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:15:15 pm »
Got a wee problem with G, and am unsure on what todo with it!
Ive recenty noticed oil around the bay that looks like its coming up from dipstick! now ive got a new breather (metal part) and a healthy looking plastic bit on top! got fresh oil in there, im running 15-40semi,  no boost return mod.

now the real problem is when the car is up to temp the oil light blinks on tickover at the speed of a indicator, and rarly after a hard driver the buzzer will sound for 10/15 seconds! it done this before my oil change also, the cars done just shy of 130k, could i be looking at a oil pump or release valve?

oil pressure test from the sencor nearest the cam pully gave these results:

idle - 2bar
2000 rpm - just under 3bar
max - 4 bar ( not under load )

and a compression test gave me
from left to right:
140 140 130 130 psi

Offline SuperMario

• Members
Re: Oil light playing up...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:16:21 pm »
and both sencors are new VAG

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »
Mine regularly fires oil out the dipstick and has done since I got it, in fact, I don't think any of the 3-4 engines I've had haven't done this? I remember someone saying it was common to do it, and I think it's caused by poor/ blocked breather system but the only time I get oil buzzer is when it's low and I come off the motorway after driving "extremely swiftly" and go into a hard left. then right onto roundabout, I just roll round it now or slow down a little ;D

You got the sensors in the correct places (ie not the wrong way round) and the same for wiring, (ie wrong wire to wrong sensor, or right wire to right sensor but sensor in wrong location)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:18 pm »
what grade of oil do you use?

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »
thought i said? i was using 10-40, am now using 15-40, since the new oil, the buzzer is a rare thing

yea im pretty sure i got everything in the right place! otherwise i deserve a slap! im not the sort of person who can live with oil coming up my dipstick! its just not right isit!   

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:19 am »
no suggestions =\?