Author Topic: De-cat  (Read 2193 times)

Offline SuperMario

• Members
De-cat
« on: March 17, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »
am i right in thinking the law on cats is 1992 ?

Was considering putting in a decat pipe,  but whats to do with the lamba? if i weld a bolt on the decat will that work? i assume taking it out completely could mess up the mixture ratio?

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: De-cat
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:01:36 pm »
Yep its August 1992, so basically any cars from K-reg and newer have to be fitted with a cat. Thats's all VW have done with their decat pipe is weld a nut into for holding the lambda probe.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:22 pm »
yeah you still need to fit the lambda probe, if you buy a decat pipe then it'll have the nut for the probe in it already.  If you make your own decat then you'll have to weld a nut in.

Offline samg40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:12:58 pm »
I took mine for the MOT on Saturday without the cat and its a K reg, they put it through on a non cat test and it passed no problem (not even an advisory). Probably just lucky with it though, take it to one round the corner and they may fail it. Although a place I used to take it to apparently never had the G on thier system so always put it through as a non cat test even when the car had one.

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »
sweet thanks for the quick replys guys, im going to weld a pipe in , will just put a nut in then, just wasnt sure.