Author Topic: oil leak  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Spacemonkey1993

• Members
oil leak
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:23:58 pm »
Hi.
im new to this forum and ive just bought a g40. Its all good and very quick but there is one thing i dont understand. as you can see in the pictures there is a blue tube where the air from the supercharger comes out, and from seeing other pictures it seems to be going back into the top of the engine block. But i have also seen the same set up i have where it is just 'hanging out'. the problem i have is that when i put my foot down small amounts of oil come out of the pipe. is this normal and should i have some sort of filter on the end of it? please help me!  ???
cheers.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: oil leak
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:01:34 pm »
hi,

that's the boost return pipe, quite a common modification to open it up like that.

However, the bad news is that oil coming out of there is more than likely to be the charger seals leaking meaning that it's time for a charger service/rebuild.  Talk to PPP about this.

Offline Spacemonkey1993

• Members
Re: oil leak
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »
hi,

that's the boost return pipe, quite a common modification to open it up like that.

However, the bad news is that oil coming out of there is more than likely to be the charger seals leaking meaning that it's time for a charger service/rebuild.  Talk to PPP about this.

Thanks very much. Sounds expensive?