Author Topic: nissens alloy radiators..  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
  • Rebuild time almost over
Re: nissens alloy radiators..
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 11:57:39 am »
Hiya mate, I was just wondering how you were getting on with that nissens rad?? Wether you had any over heating issues or anything and when you installed it was it a straight swap or the original rad eg did you have to modify the hoses or housing??

Any info would be gratefully appreciated thanks Jake.

Offline g40_jez

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 05:35:04 pm »
PMJI

Ill be needing a new rad soon, which Nissan are we talking about?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »
I want an alloy rad but dunno which is the best fit really, Yoofs is a pretty nice fit although it doesnt fit anything like the standard one i dont think.

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »
Hiya mate, I was just wondering how you were getting on with that nissens rad?? Wether you had any over heating issues or anything and when you installed it was it a straight swap or the original rad eg did you have to modify the hoses or housing??

Any info would be gratefully appreciated thanks Jake.
no problems at all with the rad mate, for the money its absolutely spot on, straight swap no mods needed,
ive covered a fair amount of miles with the new rad plus 4 runs at santa pod in the boiling heat last weekend and it didnt even get to 90 degrees.
the only thing i would say is the plastic end tanks look slightly tacky but would only bother you if you was a perfectionist.

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 10:00:09 am »
Hi again, thanks for the info.  I did ring up Vw but they want 124 quid for a rad ::) if it's as good as you say I'll probably just invest in a nissens rad.

What festival did you go to at santa pod?? And what times did you run if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks again Jake.

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:55 am »
yeah vw take the p*ss, they will probably tell you that all mk3 rads are the same and sell you a non g40 one aswell.

i went to ultimate street car at santa pod and ran a 15 second quarter,
on mega shit tyres though, excuses excuses eh!

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 11:38:06 am »
Yeh 124 quid is abit of a piss take, but they didn't say anything about it being the later mk3 rad.

I went down that weekend what day did you run?? I went down the strip Saturday but only got a 15.7 with a mate on board and road tires like you said excuses  :P. I reakon a late 14 with slicks and just me in the cockpit  ;D

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 06:12:30 pm »
i ran on the sunday and got a 15.1 to be exact, felt a bit out of my league there were cars with massive turbos everywhere :-[
i`m gonna try my hardest to get sub 14 seconds this year with some new tyres and a few extra mods left to do.

Offline Jake G 4 0

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:13 am »
Yeh I know what you mean there were some ridiculous cars up there, did you see the sub 11 Vw boys?? The one lad in the mk1 or 2 golf ran a 10.0 at 145mph!!!! 

What else have you got planned to do mods wise to your G?

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 09:36:48 pm »
yeah ive seen them dubs a few times, are you on about the white mk1 golf with the black bonnet and the green mk2 with black bonnet, both are ballistic ten second quarters.

im just fitting a gt manifold and having the throttle body ported and de wedged, might do the boost return mod while im at it aswell,
im back on a standard charger at the moment aswell so i would like to get it up to r1 spec again soon.