Author Topic: Running problems  (Read 6738 times)

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
Re: Running problems
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 09:02:41 am »
Thanks DK.  The car is back in with Dean now so I'll ask him to check this post today.  He said he'd thought of a few things to try.

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57:01 am »
the two wires that go to the blue temp sensor had breaks in on mine cut off replaced new seals and crimps solved this issue now have this problem on the coil with the brown wire

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 09:10:00 pm »
A bit obvious gemma, but take a look at the ends of the white vacuum pipe that goes to the ECU from the brake servo pipe. Easily knocked of and sends the idle to b......y.

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47:40 pm »
Thanks both.  Tried/tested the above and no change. 

I think Dean has sent the ECU off to be tested.  Apart from that we haven't got any further :(  We'll keep trying!

Offline Dan

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 06:29:17 pm »

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 10:00:31 am »
Dean sent the ECU off and they fixed a couple of problems but it didn't help the idling.

He's now unplugged the lamda probe and it seems a bit better.  I'm going to have it back to drive for a bit to see if it makes a difference .... if so I'll buy a new probe. Fingers crossed!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 10:32:29 am »
If you're still struggling and around Cheshrie we can do a full health check for £50  :)

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 11:31:51 am »
Gemma , Yoofs about 10 mins from me just to give you an idea  ;)

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 11:35:03 am »
Thanks guys :)  We've got the diagnostic computer/tool thing and have been plugging that in.  I'll see how it runs with this probe off and go from there.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 07:54:02 am »
Hello everyone! I am new here (the forum that is!) and been having exactly the same problem with my g40! Mine has an m45 conversion and i had that same problem from the moment the Eaton went in! I later found out that the metal ring that goes to the end of the plastic pipe (last hose before the throttle, had slipped from its original position and had been stuck just before the sensor (the one that goes in with just a pin and is square looking don't really know what it does, guesting its an air flow meeter!) that was causing it to really give me a hard time when trying to start the car and did stall and die on every junction, since i got the ring out and clean the sensor with some alcohol everything got better! Now it only stalls only occasionally an only dies ones in a wile! Not totally cured but better anyways! The power came back that's for sure! I hope I have helped and would really like to know if you find out what is really wrong! (Sorry for my English as I am from Greece!)

PS: I did try to set the idle by the screw, before I find out about the ring and might have messed it up a bit, maybe the reason why it still stalls a little bit!

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:20 am »
The G now runs ALOT better without the lambda probe which is great news :)  I'll keep it for the rest of this week then we'll fit a new one next week and hopefully that's the end of the garage visits and £££££££