Technical > Engine and Transmission

Ιntercooler fan

<< < (2/2)

G-spot:
I used to run a 2 step water injection system, which involved a high pressure spray nozzle mounted in the bumper spraying over the IC, and a second high pressure nozzle spraying into the boost  air flow.  The external spray on the IC would kick in at about 3-5 PSI, while the internal spray would kick in at 14PSI.  Now I only run the external spray over the IC as I believe that the internal one caused be some bore wash and accelerated wear on my old block(RIP).  There is a post on the old PSD forum about it somewhere, but the bottom line is that I could get 14PSI of boost at abient temperature at the throttle body.  I used to run a high ethanol mix for the injection sytem which helped give a refrigeration effect better than water alone. I isolated both spray nozzles and found that the only advantage of the internal spray is that the temperature dropped instantly, while the exteranl one took a few seconds to achieve the same temp.
THe system I used was relatively cheap, from the USA, ebay link
These are quite cheap with the current exhange rate, and they can run from your screen wash bottle with the fitment of an extra outlet.

Alexiskayak_7:
Ok... Thanks for the anwsers... Well using water spray is the thing i'll do, it's more safe and cheap also...

vwmk3jon:
I've seen Nitrous systems with an i/c surround which vents cold gas directly onto the i/c face.

This a viable option? Was thinking of buying a set-up with the option of another nozzle onto the rad for when sat in traffic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version