Author Topic: oil pressure sensors - where should I route them in a mk1 golf?  (Read 2276 times)

Offline g40willa

• Members
Hi all,

I have the engine running, all good but i'm not sure where to route the yellow and blue temp sensor wires. I know that one should go to the dash for a warning light/buzzer but which one and where should the other one go? Many thanks all.

Also the sensor in the header tank has a brown and white/brown wire but i don't know where it goes in the dash.

The car runs and drives sweet but I want my gauges fitted before I drive it.

cheers, will.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: oil pressure sensors - where should I route them in a mk1 golf?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »
the yellow/blue are a high pressure and low pressure oil sensors. not temp - both operate same buzzer.

header tank wires flash the water light.

Offline g40willa

• Members
Re: oil pressure sensors - where should I route them in a mk1 golf?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »
Yes sorry I meant oil pressure, trying to help a mate with a mk2 golf vr6, got temp sensors on the brain.

I thought they'd both go to the buzzer but can I wire them together and then to the buzzer? can't get my head around it and the Haynes manual has several diagrams.

also

I already have a wire from the black water temp sensor to my gauge, I asume the one in the header tank is for level/temp too? can i link that brown/white from the header tank to the same as the black water temp sensor?

Cheers pete