Author Topic: G40 sumps  (Read 3009 times)

Offline demolover

• Members
Re: G40 sumps
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:50:09 am »
Dunno what those ones are like but RP-motorsport make one and i have one on my G40

http://www.rp-motorsport.de/en/g-lader/g40-tuning.htm

Supposed to aid colling etc but still get a bit of buzzer action on very loooong hard bends according to jason (who fitted it).  Baffles do look a little pathetic with regards stopping oil all moving to one side though.

See post couple of pics and info:
http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2183.0.html

The ones you have posted look interesting.  Go for it. 

Do you want one for any specific reason (oil buzzer going off round sharp corners etc) or are you like me and just like to look for things to buy :-)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:44:36 am »
Only thing about that red one is that it stops separates the oil from the other side, so would that keep using the same oil being sucked up from the pump?

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:03 am »
I was thinking that.... Does it pretty much seperate one side from the other meaning one side will be sucked up by the oil pump and the other side will just sit there until you do some mad cornering to mix the oil up?  You can't tell from the picture if there is any other way the oil can pass form one side to another.  I would probably stick with standard sump unless you need one for a specific reason as everyone else cars seem fine apart from a small amount of buzzer action on a few long hard corners.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 10:10:04 am »
I have only ever had that buzzer go off when i had low oil and cornering hard. I have never had it since.

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 10:32:47 am »
Probably stay with standard then?  Guessing you just fancy one.  I'm the worst for that you could sell me anything  :D

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:40 am »
Yeah, im similar. I think i might get the rpm one just for a cooler oil. I have a oil cooler as well so i guess it will all help.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:31 am »
if you've got an oil cooler then I don't really see much point

the first sorg one looks interesting, I wonder what the oil capacity of it is?  Looks big which is good.

the seller is Dangerous Dave of Derbyblade fame too.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:40 pm »
I have sent him a question asking him what the capacity is, will let you know when he replys.

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »
I have an oil cooler and i doubt the actual need for the sump i have on there...... but it's there and so i like to pretend it might do something :-)  Oil is always at a nice temp.

Offline genesisGT

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »
The German RPM one is nice i wanted one but they are out of stock and dont know when they are doing a re run. :(

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 01:23:44 pm »
Ooooh nice to know.  Ebay rare sump for sale  :D

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »
I would expect the baffle in the red sump to have cut corners and possibly cut outs along the bottom edge, so the oil can flow from side to side but not surge across in one massive splosh. It's what I would do anyway, and maybe will, if the RPM ones don't become available.
Since the alloy one is designed for a very low rear engined race car I assume it would be effective at preventing oil surge, and it looks like it will channel all the oil back to the pick up.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 11:22:03 am »
Yeah i think the 1st one would be good, but not 100% sure for road use. I didnt win it in the auction but the person who won it is in portugal and he doesnt want to post it outside of europe. He emailed me asking if i wanted it for £60. Is it worth buying? I was wondering how it would fit as well with the manifold being there, cause it might of been a different setup being in the rear of the car.