Author Topic: Stack wideband faulty sensor ??  (Read 2489 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Stack wideband faulty sensor ??
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »
My stack wideband was working fine, but after getting it back from the garage it just sits at 14.6 all the time it may flicker to 14.5 or 14.7 briefly but usually stays bang on 14.6 i thought when using full throttle and when closing the throttle quickly it should change it used to. Is the O2  sensor Likley to be broken?
  I'm currently running my engine in on 6psi of boost and as I have my boost switch for Wot set at around 6 psi could it just be that I'm just never getting to the wot part of the map ??
   Any one had this before with there wideband ??

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Stack wideband faulty sensor ??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:03 pm »
I can now get it to read but I have to turn it on wait for it to heat star the engine and then turn the engine of and start it again and make it heat again then it works !! On a side note I'm reading very lean on overun is this normal I'm getting readings of 16 but it only goes to 16.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:09:45 pm »
Generally speaking, when the throttle snaps shut Digifant will turn off the injectors to save fuel. Obviously cuts back in again as the revs drop to near idle. So at a guess that's what you're seeing.

Have you got the gauge wired as per the instructions?

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:52:52 pm »
My Stack WBAFR will read 16.0 on over run and less than 14 on throttle unless off boost and at part throttle when it will sit around the 14.7 mark. PPP chip. Check you've not done something to the settings to stop it reading out of range. If you've lost the instructions give me a shout and I'll scan mine or something.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:37 am »
I've got the guage wired in as per the instructions.I took the feed from where my old car alarm took it's feed. It must be seeing 13.5 volts on starting as you see "--" on the guage untill you turn the key it then does it's count down from twenty then comes on, and just reads 14.6 I then switch the engine of restart and it works fine !
  I'm going to wire in a switch to turn the guage on and off then I can run the engine on idle for a minute or so then turn the guage on and manually start it's heating by pressing a button on it and see if this cures it.
   As for the readings when it is actualy working readings are bang on what alexg40 idle it's around 14.7 runs richer on throttle at roughly 13-13.5 and fuel cuts when the throttle snaps closed. So is running sweetly at the moment can't wait to finish running it and then turn the boost up. :)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »
I wired my wot in to my " psi boost switch which replaces my wot microswitch  mine does same as yours but only once,I've turned it on the turnId it of again and pre heated it a second time ! Not went fine few new bulbs and headlamp adjusteent and it went through now on dhe road although alot of fine tuning and setting up to get the car to where I want it.pop round some time if you want jezz